PDF bloated?

Johannes Schindelin
Hi,

when I ran lily 2.5.?, it produced a PDF of 50 kB. Now, I upgraded (which
forced me to update almost every package on my system), and it produces a
PDF of 510 kB. Granted, it looks nicer. But it's 10x bigger! Any ideas why
this is so?

Ciao,
Dscho

Re: PDF bloated?

Graham Percival-2

On 19-Aug-05, at 5:10 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> when I ran lily 2.5.?, it produced a PDF of 50 kB. Now, I upgraded
> (which
> forced me to update almost every package on my system), and it
> produces a
> PDF of 510 kB. Granted, it looks nicer. But it's 10x bigger! Any ideas
> why
> this is so?

It's the pdf point-and-click stuff.  Turn it off to dramatically reduce
filesizes.

Re: PDF bloated?

Erik Sandberg
On Saturday 20 August 2005 02.10, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I ran lily 2.5.?, it produced a PDF of 50 kB. Now, I upgraded (which
> forced me to update almost every package on my system), and it produces a
> PDF of 510 kB. Granted, it looks nicer. But it's 10x bigger! Any ideas why
> this is so?

Because point-and click is turned on by default. Try turning it off.

--
Erik

Re: PDF bloated?

Bertalan Fodor
It may be the new point-and-click system. Or some font subsetting problem.

Bert

Johannes Schindelin ?rta:

>Hi,
>
>when I ran lily 2.5.?, it produced a PDF of 50 kB. Now, I upgraded (which
>forced me to update almost every package on my system), and it produces a
>PDF of 510 kB. Granted, it looks nicer. But it's 10x bigger! Any ideas why
>this is so?

Re: PDF bloated?

Johannes Schindelin
Hi Graham, hi Erik,

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Graham Percival wrote:

> On 19-Aug-05, at 5:10 PM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> > when I ran lily 2.5.?, it produced a PDF of 50 kB. Now, I upgraded (which
> > forced me to update almost every package on my system), and it produces a
> > PDF of 510 kB. Granted, it looks nicer. But it's 10x bigger! Any ideas why
> > this is so?
>
> It's the pdf point-and-click stuff.  Turn it off to dramatically reduce
> filesizes.

Thank you! It sure is somewhat smaller. Now it is 130kB instead of 50kB.
Ideas?

Ciao,
Dscho

Re: PDF bloated?

Graham Percival-2

On 20-Aug-05, at 2:50 AM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Graham Percival wrote:
>> It's the pdf point-and-click stuff.  Turn it off to dramatically
>> reduce
>> filesizes.
>
> Thank you! It sure is somewhat smaller. Now it is 130kB instead of
> 50kB.
> Ideas?

Are you sure you turned it off?  Could you send this file to me
privately?