Overlay "ossia" voice

Mark Knoop-4
I'm trying to create something a bit like an ossia voice which should be overlaid on top of the principal voice, but without affecting the layout of each; i.e. ignoring all collisions.

In the following example, ideally the Dots and Ties on the Gs in the first line should have the same positioning as on the second.

It's mostly working, except for the Dots which don't seem to have an equivalent property to NoteColumn.ignore-collision. Any thoughts on this?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.82"

dimNotes = {
  \override NoteHead.color = #grey
  \override Stem.color = #grey
  \override Dots.color = #grey
  \override Tie.color = #grey
  \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t

  \time 3/4
  R1*3/4
  << {
    g'2.~
    \temporary \dimNotes
    2.~ 2.~ 2.~ 2.~
    \undo \dimNotes
    2.
  } \new Voice \magnifyMusic #5/7 {
    \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
    \tweak NoteHead.transparent ##t
    \tweak Stem.transparent ##t
    \tweak Dots.transparent ##t
    g'2.\glissando
    aes'\glissando
    des'\glissando
    ges'\glissando
    b'\glissando
    \tweak NoteHead.transparent ##t
    \tweak Stem.transparent ##t
    \tweak Dots.transparent ##t
    g'
  } >>
}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

--
Mark Knoop

Re: Overlay "ossia" voice

Urs Liska-3
Hi Mark,

Am 04.04.19 um 20:35 schrieb Mark Knoop:
> I'm trying to create something a bit like an ossia voice which should be overlaid on top of the principal voice, but without affecting the layout of each; i.e. ignoring all collisions.
This is great and may be an inspiration for me to handle my request from
a few weeks ago:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00389.html

> In the following example, ideally the Dots and Ties on the Gs in the first line should have the same positioning as on the second.
>
> It's mostly working, except for the Dots which don't seem to have an equivalent property to NoteColumn.ignore-collision. Any thoughts on this?

I'm not sure this might work at all since (like with the noteheads and
the stems) through the \magnify the horizontal extent of all objects is
different. I think what you'd basically have to do is making the
secondary dots transparent (as you do in some instances).

What I would go after is a music function that detects another note head
in the same NoteColumn at the same staff-position and if it finds one
makes NoteHead, Stem, Flag, Dots (and more?) transparent.

I'd be interested in further results!

HTH
Urs

Re: Overlay "ossia" voice

Carl Sorensen-3
On 4/8/19, 1:23 AM, "Urs Liska" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Mark,

    Am 04.04.19 um 20:35 schrieb Mark Knoop:
    > I'm trying to create something a bit like an ossia voice which should be overlaid on top of the principal voice, but without affecting the layout of each; i.e. ignoring all collisions.
    This is great and may be an inspiration for me to handle my request from
    a few weeks ago:
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-03/msg00389.html

    > In the following example, ideally the Dots and Ties on the Gs in the first line should have the same positioning as on the second.
    >
    > It's mostly working, except for the Dots which don't seem to have an equivalent property to NoteColumn.ignore-collision. Any thoughts on this?

    I'm not sure this might work at all since (like with the noteheads and
    the stems) through the \magnify the horizontal extent of all objects is
    different. I think what you'd basically have to do is making the
    secondary dots transparent (as you do in some instances).

    What I would go after is a music function that detects another note head
    in the same NoteColumn at the same staff-position and if it finds one
    makes NoteHead, Stem, Flag, Dots (and more?) transparent.

    I'd be interested in further results!

I suspect that you may want to make DotColumn, rather than Dots, transparent.

HTH,

Carl