OpenType in LilyPond

Malte Meyn-3
Hi list,

if I understand correctly LilyPond already supports OpenType features
and this will be documented in the next version (changes already have
been pushed to master). Is this only for use in markup \overrides or can
you select features document-wide? This would be nice:

\paper {
   #(define fonts
     (set-global-fonts
     #:music "cadence"
     #:brace "cadence"
     #:roman "Vollkorn" % Can this be Vollkorn with OT feature ss13?
     #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
   ))

Malte

Re: OpenType in LilyPond

Malte Meyn-3

Am 11.08.2017 um 16:10 schrieb Malte Meyn:
>      #:roman "Vollkorn" % Can this be Vollkorn with OT feature ss13?

This should be a scheme comment (; instead of %)

Re: OpenType in LilyPond

Jay Anderson
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:10 AM, Malte Meyn <[hidden email]> wrote:
if I understand correctly LilyPond already supports OpenType features and this will be documented in the next version (changes already have been pushed to master). Is this only for use in markup \overrides or can you select features document-wide? This would be nice:

\paper {
  #(define fonts
    (set-global-fonts
    #:music "cadence"
    #:brace "cadence"
    #:roman "Vollkorn" % Can this be Vollkorn with OT feature ss13?
    #:factor (/ staff-height pt 20)
  ))
}

I did some of the work on that feature. It currently can't be globally enabled. I'd need to explore a bit more to figure it out how to make it available globally, but seems like it should be doable. I can't promise anything soon though.

-----Jay