Old-style F clef?

Father Geoffrey Horton
Can LilyPond engrave an old-style F clef, such as the one in this
Wikipedia article?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clef#The_F_clef

It doesn't look like it from 7.7.4 in the manual, but I thought I
might be missing something.

Geoff

Re: Old-style F clef?

Mats Bengtsson-4
To see a list of all symbols available in the LilyPond font,
check appendix C.4 of the manual. As you can see, this
kind of clef isn't available in LilyPond for the moment.
(The old-style clefs available in LilyPond are much older
than the one you want :-) )

  /Mats

Geoff Horton wrote:

>Can LilyPond engrave an old-style F clef, such as the one in this
>Wikipedia article?
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clef#The_F_clef
>
>It doesn't look like it from 7.7.4 in the manual, but I thought I
>might be missing something.
>
>Geoff

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Old-style F clef?

josiah boothby
I also seem to recall that having custom graphics made is possible and
is not a terribly expensive sponsorship. You would have to inquire as
to the price and likelihood of implementation, though, if this is
something that interests you.

Josiah

On 4/11/06, Mats Bengtsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To see a list of all symbols available in the LilyPond font,
> check appendix C.4 of the manual. As you can see, this
> kind of clef isn't available in LilyPond for the moment.
> (The old-style clefs available in LilyPond are much older
> than the one you want :-) )
>
>   /Mats
>
> Geoff Horton wrote:
>
> >Can LilyPond engrave an old-style F clef, such as the one in this
> >Wikipedia article?
> >
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clef#The_F_clef
> >
> >It doesn't look like it from 7.7.4 in the manual, but I thought I
> >might be missing something.
> >
> >Geoff

>         Mats Bengtsson
>         Signal Processing
>         Signals, Sensors and Systems
>         Royal Institute of Technology
>         SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
>         Sweden
>         Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
>         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
>         Email: [hidden email]
>         WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Old-style F clef?

David Feuer-2
Do you mean this one:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/Oldbassclef.png ?

David Feuer

Re: Old-style F clef?

Eduardo Vieira
Hi, I'm also interested in using this kind of clef in Lilypond. There is a
TTF music font that already has this glyph. It's a modified version of
Finale's Petrucci, it is called Petrucjt. It is available for free in the
site: http://www.paperlesshymnal.com/shapnote/shaped.htm See: Enhanced
Finale default font music.

I did this (based on the procedure for polimetric music):

%%% SNIPPET %%%%
\layout {

  ragged-right = ##t
}

oldfa =\markup {
 \override #'(font-name . "Petrucjt")
 { d }

  \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \override Staff.Clef #'text = #oldfa

  \time 4/4
  c'2  c'4 c'4
}
%%%% END %%%

Now, could anybody tell me how I can move the clef (markup) up and make it
bigger?

See the results in the attachment

> David Feuer writes:

> >> Yes. If I create one in Metafont, would it be hard to add to the
progam?

> That would be easy, but it would have to look very nice, both the code
> and glyph, for it to be included.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

oldfaexample.pdf (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Old-style F clef?

Sotaro
Just use

   \markup {\override #'(font-name . "Petrucjt") \lower #number {d} }

and

   \override Staff.Clef #'font-size = #number

Sotaro