OSX package: is README included?

Graham Percival
I received one report of a lack of docs for dealing with the binary OSX
package.  Is the README (in the root of the installers/macos/ tree)
included in the package?  Could it be made more visible (maybe pop
it up when installing?)

Re: OSX package: is README included?

Han-Wen Nienhuys
Graham Percival wrote:
> I received one report of a lack of docs for dealing with the binary OSX
> package.  Is the README (in the root of the installers/macos/ tree)
> included in the package?  Could it be made more visible (maybe pop
> it up when installing?)

We have drag & drop installing, so that's going to be difficult. I've
changed LilyPond.app to google for the selected word, and if none is
selected, to make the browser jump to lilypond.org.

I'm not sure what else to do. The documentation would almost double
  the size of the install (from 13mb to 25mb), plus building AppleHelp
integration won't be trivial.

If enough people contribute, this would be eligible for "sponsored
support", though.

On 15-Jun-05, at 5:01 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:
>> I received one report of a lack of docs for dealing with the binary
>> OSX
>> package.  Is the README (in the root of the installers/macos/ tree)
>> included in the package?  Could it be made more visible (maybe pop
>> it up when installing?)
>
> We have drag & drop installing, so that's going to be difficult. I've
> changed LilyPond.app to google for the selected word, and if none is
> selected, to make the browser jump to lilypond.org.

Sorry, I only meant the README file -- the one that explains what to do
with
lilypond.sh.  Is that included in the binary package?  I assume people
download
a .gz or .dmg; when they uncompress that, there's the binary package and
a few other files (?).  All I'm saying is that if the README isn't
included in
those other files, it should be.

The main docs are just fine where they are.

Graham Percival wrote:
> Sorry, I only meant the README file -- the one that explains what to do
> with
> lilypond.sh.  Is that included in the binary package?  I assume people
> download
> a .gz or .dmg; when they uncompress that, there's the binary package and
> a few other files (?).  All I'm saying is that if the README isn't
> included in
> those other files, it should be.

It is included.