Note spacing, font design under windows-linux

Note spacing, font design under windows-linux

zrlaszlo
Hi,
I downloaded with much curiosity the 2.5.29 version
for windows (2.5.30 was not available by that time). I
"engraved" a piece for trombone, see attachment. The
problem - I think it is - the spacing between eighth
notes (stem up) and quarters. The eighth note is just
too close (see measures #32 and #35). However, in
measure #31 and #36 spacing is much better.
I realize that there are ways to alter spacing, but
this is a simple case, it should work without
inervention

By the way, is there a difference between the fonts
used for notation under windows and linux? I printed
the same score under both (using lilypond for linux
2.4.2) and the windows-printed score looks thinner,
lines are weaker, and so on.

Re: Note spacing, font design under windows-linux

Erik Sandberg
On Tuesday 14 June 2005 08.53, Zoltan V. Laszlo wrote:

> Hi,
> I downloaded with much curiosity the 2.5.29 version
> for windows (2.5.30 was not available by that time). I
> "engraved" a piece for trombone, see attachment. The
> problem - I think it is - the spacing between eighth
> notes (stem up) and quarters. The eighth note is just
> too close (see measures #32 and #35). However, in
> measure #31 and #36 spacing is much better.
> I realize that there are ways to alter spacing, but
> this is a simple case, it should work without
> inervention

It seems that the attachment didn't come through. Can you paste the .ly file
into the message? (also, you might want to try creating a minimal score
reproducing the problem, this often helps understanding the problem)

> By the way, is there a difference between the fonts
> used for notation under windows and linux? I printed
> the same score under both (using lilypond for linux
> 2.4.2) and the windows-printed score looks thinner,
> lines are weaker, and so on.

There is a difference between 2.4 and 2.5.

--
Erik Sandberg
Maintainer of the Lilypond bug CVS archive,