New stem notation

Art Hixson
I need a context for writing a single-line stave with a standard note
head but three stem types: up, down and none.  This would be similar to
a RythmicStaff  or a DrumVoice except for the stem issue.

The notation also needs to be simple as there are many notes (not
markup) , such as, for example;  su, sd, sn.

There must be overrides somewhere but I can't find them.

Arthur Hixson

Re: New stem notation

Graham Percival

On 16-Jun-05, at 6:41 PM, Art Hixson wrote:

> I need a context for writing a single-line stave with a standard note
> head but three stem types: up, down and none.  This would be similar
> to a RythmicStaff  or a DrumVoice except for the stem issue.
> The notation also needs to be simple as there are many notes (not
> markup) , such as, for example;  su, sd, sn.

Use a RhythmicStaff, and simply define the "notes" as follows:

su = { \stemUp c4 }
sd = { \stemDown c4 }
sn = {
   \once \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
   c4
}

This is untested, but if it doesn't work, it should give you an idea of
how to do it.