Nested tuplets

Vaylor Trucks
suppose I want something like this:

\key a \minor
\time 4/4

% turn beats 1 and 2 into a quarter note triplet
\times 2/3 {
a16[ b c d]
a[ b c d]

% turn the third note of the quarter note triplet into an 8th note triplet
% (three 8ths in the space of 1 qtr)
\times 2/3 {
a8[ b c]

when the music is printed - the 3 from the quarter note triplet and the 3
from the 8th note triplet are mased on top of each other.  Can I space them
out so that doesn't happen?

Vaylor

RE: Nested tuplets

Vaylor Trucks
To answer my own question: RTFM!

I found the reference for
  \override TupletBracket  #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 0)

and that did the trick.