Maths code in header / voice names

Matthias Warkentin
Hi! I want to write a kind of play with integrated
music using Lilypond(-book) 2.4.3 and Miktex. What is
the easiest/cleanest way to call one voice \mathbb{Q}
, i.e. the mathmatical symbol for the rational
numbers? I'm not very experienced in working with
lilypond (just struggling to get the score in the text
in a nice way...) so I would be glad for a rather
detailed explanation.
Thanks,
Matthias

Re: Maths code in header / voice names

Mats Bengtsson-6
You cannot use lilypond-book together with Miktex, since
MikTeX doesn't know about the lilypond specific fonts and other
additions. However, you can use the teTeX distribution that's included
in Cygwin. If you just rerun the cygwin installation program and make
sure that the packages tetex-base and tetex-tiny are installed, this
should give you a TeX environment that is just as capable as MikTeX.
Of course, it means that you have to run the latex command in a
Cygwin command window, but I hope you can live with that.

   /Mats

Matthias Warkentin wrote:

> Hi! I want to write a kind of play with integrated
> music using Lilypond(-book) 2.4.3 and Miktex. What is
> the easiest/cleanest way to call one voice \mathbb{Q}
> , i.e. the mathmatical symbol for the rational
> numbers? I'm not very experienced in working with
> lilypond (just struggling to get the score in the text
> in a nice way...) so I would be glad for a rather
> detailed explanation.
> Thanks,
> Matthias

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Ant: Re: Maths code in header / voice names

Matthias Warkentin
Hi!

> You cannot use lilypond-book together with Miktex,
> since
> MikTeX doesn't know about the lilypond specific
> fonts and other
> additions.
Well, after copying the Lilypond 2.4.3. directory in
the lilypond directory of my MiKTeX, I had no problems
with that. At least I think that none of my problems
are related to this.
> Of course, it means that you have to run the latex
> command in a
> Cygwin command window, but I hope you can live with
> that.
Of course I had to do this to process the output of
Lilypond-book, when I had not copied Lilypond to
Miktex yet. But the problem is that the cygwin latex
complains about some missing packages, especially the
play-package. Will this be included in tetex-base? I
have not found it on the web in connection with tetex.

Cheers,
Matthias

Re: Maths code in header / voice names

Jonatan Liljedahl
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:40:01 +0200 (CEST)
Matthias Warkentin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! I want to write a kind of play with integrated
>  music using Lilypond(-book) 2.4.3 and Miktex. What is
>  the easiest/cleanest way to call one voice \mathbb{Q}
>  , i.e. the mathmatical symbol for the rational
>  numbers? I'm not very experienced in working with
>  lilypond (just struggling to get the score in the text
>  in a nice way...) so I would be glad for a rather
>  detailed explanation.
>  Thanks,
>  Matthias

Isn't it possible to create .eps files with miktex and then include them
with \markup in plain lilypond?

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-