Make doc currently broken

Valentin Villenave-3
Hey everybody,
For the past few days, I’ve been unable to make doc because of the
following error:

*** No rule to make target
'/home/work/lilypond/Documentation/it/web/news-headlines.itexi',
needed by 'out-www/web.texi'.  Stop.

Federico, do you know anything about it?

Cheers,
V.

Re: Make doc currently broken

Dev mailing list
Am Donnerstag, den 23.04.2020, 13:37 +0000 schrieb Valentin Villenave:
> Hey everybody,
> For the past few days, I’ve been unable to make doc because of the
> following error:
>
> *** No rule to make target
> '/home/work/lilypond/Documentation/it/web/news-headlines.itexi',
> needed by 'out-www/web.texi'.  Stop.

As I did many 'make doc' yesterday, the likeliest reason is that
there's some stale dependency file in your build tree. Either manually
removing Documentation/it/out-www/web.dep or running 'make doc-clean'
should fix it.

Jonas

Re: Make doc currently broken

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno gio 23 apr 2020 alle 16:01, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
LilyPond development <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Am Donnerstag, den 23.04.2020, 13:37 +0000 schrieb Valentin Villenave:
>>  Hey everybody,
>>  For the past few days, I’ve been unable to make doc because of the
>>  following error:
>>
>>  *** No rule to make target
>>  '/home/work/lilypond/Documentation/it/web/news-headlines.itexi',
>>  needed by 'out-www/web.texi'.  Stop.
>
> As I did many 'make doc' yesterday, the likeliest reason is that
> there's some stale dependency file in your build tree. Either manually
> removing Documentation/it/out-www/web.dep or running 'make doc-clean'
> should fix it.

I confirm it's a stale dependency file.
I had the same problem while testing my patch before pushing and IIRC
removing Documentation/it/out-www/web.texi fixed it.

On 4/23/20, Federico Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I confirm it's a stale dependency file.
> I had the same problem while testing my patch before pushing and IIRC
> removing Documentation/it/out-www/web.texi fixed it.

OK, thanks! I should have thought about doc-clean.

Cheers,
  - V.