Quantcast

Mac OS X Lion killed LilyPond

Frank Tegtmeyer-7
Hi,

after upgrading my Mac to Lion Lilypond doesn't start anymore.

There is the following message displayed:

---------------------
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
...Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/objc/_objc.so, 2):
Symbol not found: _objc_sync_notify

Referenced from: /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
...Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-
dynload/objc/_objc.so

Expected in /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

RE: Mac OS X Lion killed LilyPond

pkx166h-2
hello,

)after upgrading my Mac to Lion Lilypond doesn't start anymore.
)
)---------------------
)ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
)...Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/objc/_objc.so, 2):
)Symbol not found: _objc_sync_notify
)
)Referenced from: /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
)...Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-
)dynload/objc/_objc.so
)
)Expected in /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
)---------------------
)
)The continuation symbols (...) are inserted by me.
)
)Frank

----

I think Lion has Python 2.7 shipping with it after a brief Google.

James

RE: Mac OS X Lion killed LilyPond

pkx166h-2
hello,

RE: Mac OS X Lion killed LilyPond

pkx166h-2
ccing list

Re: Mac OS X Lion killed LilyPond

Hans Aberg-2

On 22 Jul 2011, at 13:04, Frank Tegtmeyer wrote:

> after upgrading my Mac to Lion Lilypond doesn't start anymore.
>
> There is the following message displayed:
>
> ---------------------
> ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
> ...Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/objc/_objc.so, 2):
> Symbol not found: _objc_sync_notify
>
> Referenced from: /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/
> ...Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-
> dynload/objc/_objc.so
>
> Expected in /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

The symbol objc_sync_notify is in a Python to Objective C library that has been removed:
  http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/documentation/pyobjc-core/news.html
  http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/objc4/objc4-437/runtime/objc-sync.

Hans