MMRs and spacer rests

Simon Albrecht-2
Hello list,

is there any way to compressMMRests regardless of spacer rests in parallel?

\version "2.19.82"
\compressMMRests \context Bottom << { s1 s } R1*2 >>

Best, Simon

Re: MMRs and spacer rests

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Simon,

> is there any way to compressMMRests regardless of spacer rests in parallel?
> \version "2.19.82"
> \compressMMRests \context Bottom << { s1 s } R1*2 >>

Have you read the thread here?
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00517.html>

Can’t remember the outcome (there might be some custom code in there?)…

Hope it helps!
Kieren.

Re: MMRs and spacer rests

Simon Albrecht-2
On 10.05.19 20:54, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
>> is there any way to compressMMRests regardless of spacer rests in parallel?
>> \version "2.19.82"
>> \compressMMRests \context Bottom << { s1 s } R1*2 >>
> Have you read the thread here?
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00517.html>
>
> Can’t remember the outcome (there might be some custom code in there?)…

Thanks, Kieren, for the link—I’m notoriously bad at finding that kind of
stuff…

However, the only practical suggestion that comes from it is trying
\skip rather than s, and that doesn’t actually change behaviour in the
example that I posted—as David K. already noted back then.

So all I can say is that I agree with your (Kieren’s) assessments at the
ends of that thread… and for my usecase, I have to hack or adapt
something within my framework…

Best, Simon

Re: MMRs and spacer rests

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Simon,

> I’m notoriously bad at finding that kind of stuff…

=)

> However, the only practical suggestion that comes from it is trying \skip rather than s, and that doesn’t actually change behaviour in the example that I posted—as David K. already noted back then.

Here’s another thread that might have something concrete?
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01012.html>

Keep searching: I know there’s a "compressSkip" (or something like that) function in there somewhere.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Re: MMRs and spacer rests

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Simon,

> Keep searching: I know there’s a "compressSkip" (or something like that) function in there somewhere.

It’s "mergeSkips":
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01085.html>

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Re: MMRs and spacer rests

Simon Albrecht-2
On 11.05.19 01:31, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
>> Keep searching: I know there’s a "compressSkip" (or something like that) function in there somewhere.
>
> It’s "mergeSkips":
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01085.html>

Great, that does it!

Thanks a lot,