MIDI settings

fiëé visuëlle
Hi ho!

It's nice that LilyPond plays my chords in MIDI, and I recognized I
can set the instrument with
\set ChordNames.midiInstrument = "flute"

But how to set the volume? Dynamic marks like \p don't work in
chordmode.

Further I'd like to get every MIDI file with "mid" extension instead
of "midi" - MacOSX doesn't recognize .midi, and Windows doesn't either.
How can I setup that?

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm
http://www.fiee.net
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/lieder/

Re: MIDI settings

Mats Bengtsson-6
I guess that major problem is that you cannot even specify a \p
or \< within \chordmode {...}. Otherwise, it's easy to modify the
definition of the ChordNames context to take the dynamics into
account in the MIDI output.

One possibility is to include your dynamics in a separate identifier:

mydynamics = { s1 \p s1*4 \f ...}
and make a separate \score for the MIDI output, with
\score{
   \new Voice <<\mychords \mydynamics>>
   \midi{...}
}

corresponding to
\score{
   \new ChordNames \mychords
   \layout{...}
}
in the print version.

    /Mats

fiëé visuëlle wrote:

> Hi ho!
>
> It's nice that LilyPond plays my chords in MIDI, and I recognized I  can
> set the instrument with
> \set ChordNames.midiInstrument = "flute"
>
> But how to set the volume? Dynamic marks like \p don't work in  chordmode.
>
> Further I'd like to get every MIDI file with "mid" extension instead  of
> "midi" - MacOSX doesn't recognize .midi, and Windows doesn't either.
> How can I setup that?
>
> Greetlings from Lake Constance
> ---
> fiëé visuëlle