Lyrics appear in "sans" on linux-64

123

Re: Lyrics appear in "sans" on linux-64

Werner LEMBERG

> Here's my make.log:
>
> http://www.markpolesky.com/norobots/make.log

Indeed: Instead of calling the script pfx2ttf.fontforge four times, I
just see

  true
  true
  true
  true

The rule covering this can be found in file `mf/GNUmakefile':

  $(NCSB_OTFS): $(NCSB_SOURCE_FILES) \
                $(auxscript-dir)/pfx2ttf.fontforge
          $(foreach i, $(basename $(NCSB_SOURCE_FILES)), \
                  $(FONTFORGE) -script $(auxscript-dir)/pfx2ttf.fontforge \
                          $(i).pfb $(i).afm $(outdir)/ && ) true

Since there's just `true' this essentially means that
`NCSB_SOURCE_FILES' was empty.  In other words, the New Century
Schoolbook fonts couldn't be found at all on your computer.

I've seen that Julien is working on

This should improve the configuration process (i.e., it should
properly fail for you).

    Werner

Re: Lyrics appear in "sans" on linux-64

Julien Rioux
On 29/08/2013 12:35 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> Here's my make.log:
>>
>> http://www.markpolesky.com/norobots/make.log
>
> Indeed: Instead of calling the script pfx2ttf.fontforge four times, I
> just see
>
>    true
>    true
>    true
>    true
>
> The rule covering this can be found in file `mf/GNUmakefile':
>
>    $(NCSB_OTFS): $(NCSB_SOURCE_FILES) \
>                  $(auxscript-dir)/pfx2ttf.fontforge
>            $(foreach i, $(basename $(NCSB_SOURCE_FILES)), \
>                    $(FONTFORGE) -script $(auxscript-dir)/pfx2ttf.fontforge \
>                            $(i).pfb $(i).afm $(outdir)/ && ) true
>
> Since there's just `true' this essentially means that
> `NCSB_SOURCE_FILES' was empty.  In other words, the New Century
> Schoolbook fonts couldn't be found at all on your computer.

Exactly what I though when I saw the ./configure output
checking New Century Schoolbook PFB files... dirname: missing operand
Try `dirname --help' for more information.

> I've seen that Julien is working on
>
>    http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3526
>
> This should improve the configuration process (i.e., it should
> properly fail for you).

Yes, hopefully this will results in a better, and early, diagnostic.

Cheers,
Julien

Re: Lyrics appear in "sans" on linux-64

Mark Polesky
So, how exactly do I get all the New Century Schoolbook
fonts in one go?  I could download all the typefaces
separately, but I won't know when I've gotten them all.

I did

  sudo apt-get build-dep lilypond

and it claimed to install something, but I don't recall
what.  Then I rebooted and checked

  fc-list | grep 'Century'

and still nothing.  So, how does one download these fonts?
Or, if nothing else, what are all the typefaces I need?
(roman, italic, etc.)

Thanks
- Mark

Re: Lyrics appear in "sans" on linux-64

pkx166h
On 09/09/13 23:08, Mark Polesky wrote:

> So, how exactly do I get all the New Century Schoolbook
> fonts in one go?  I could download all the typefaces
> separately, but I won't know when I've gotten them all.
>
> I did
>
>    sudo apt-get build-dep lilypond
>
> and it claimed to install something, but I don't recall
> what.  Then I rebooted and checked
>
>    fc-list | grep 'Century'
>
> and still nothing.  So, how does one download these fonts?
> Or, if nothing else, what are all the typefaces I need?
> (roman, italic, etc.)
>
> Thanks
> - Mark

Mark,

I am just now building a fresh new LilyDev from Scratch, and after
installing all the stuff as per the CG if I fc-list | grep entury

I get four hits in the location

/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/cxxxxxx.pfb: Century Schoolbook
L:style=Roman etc.

(where xxxxx is a different numeric string).

James

123