Ly:make-pitch

Freeman Gilmore
Would someone please tell me what all Ly:make-pitch, is used for?
Thank you, ƒg

Re: Ly:make-pitch

David Kastrup
Freeman Gilmore <[hidden email]> writes:

> Would someone please tell me what all Ly:make-pitch, is used for?
> Thank you, ƒg

It makes a pitch.  A pitch is a data type in LilyPond's Scheme that has
an octave, a notename (actually a whole number within the scale), and an
accidental (a rational measured in terms of whole note fractions,
typically -1/2, 0, or 1/2).  It is one of the two basic constituents of
a note, the other constituent being a duration.