Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Even Thorbergsen

Hello Lilypond users,

 

I cannot manage to have the use of slurs do any impact on the midi representation of Lilypond scores.

I guess there is a solution to this?

 

Best regards,

Even Thorbergsen

Norwegian amateur musician

 


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Martin Tarenskeen


On Wed, 20 Feb 2019, Even Thorbergsen wrote:

> Hello Lilypond users,
>
> I cannot manage to have the use of slurs do any impact on the midi representation of Lilypond scores.
> I guess there is a solution to this?

For a better MIDI interpretation of slurs you could try to
include articulate.ly

  http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-articulate-script

P.S.

I hope you already know the difference between a slur:
  { c( d) }
and a tie:
  { c ~ c }


--

MT


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

David Nalesnik
In reply to this post by Even Thorbergsen
Hi Even,
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 8:06 AM Even Thorbergsen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Lilypond users,
>
>
>
> I cannot manage to have the use of slurs do any impact on the midi representation of Lilypond scores.
>
> I guess there is a solution to this?
>

LilyPond's MIDI output is fairly rudimentary, though you will get more
musical results using the articulate script:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-articulate-script

Hope this helps,
David Nalesnik

_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Gilles Sadowski
In reply to this post by Even Thorbergsen
Hi.

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:37:26 +0100, Even Thorbergsen wrote:
> Hello Lilypond users,
>
>
>
> I cannot manage to have the use of slurs do any impact on the midi
> representation of Lilypond scores.
>
> I guess there is a solution to this?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-articulate-script

HTH,
Gilles

>
>
>
> Best regards,
>
> Even Thorbergsen
>
> Norwegian amateur musician


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SV: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Even Thorbergsen
In reply to this post by David Nalesnik
Hello David,

Thank you for your answer.
Actually, I have tried this, but cannot make it work.
Here is an example of what I have tried, the format is imo not easily grasped:

\version "2.18.2"
\include "deutsch.ly"
\include "articulate.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 25)

\header {
  title     = \markup \bold \italic "Waking Up at UJ - Euphonium Solo"
  composer  = "Dario Cecchini"
  enteredby = "Even Thorbergsen"
  piece     = ""
}

voiceconsts = {
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
  %\clef "treble"
  \numericTimeSignature
  \compressFullBarRests
  \tempo "Vivace " 4=140
}

Euphonium =  \relative c'
  {
  \key d \major
  \time 4/4
  \tempo "Vivace " 4=140
   r4 r8. f16 fis a h8 d8. h16
   d8. d16 r4 r8. f,16 fis a h8
   f8. d16 r4 r r16
   d'16 c h
   (h4) r16
   g16 a h(h4) r4
   r2 h8 a h c
   d4 (d8.) h16 r4 r8 fis'16 e
   d4 fis8. h,16 (h8) r16 fis16 h8 a
   gis4 h8. e16 (e4) e16 es d c
   cis4 a8. e16 (e4) r16 fis16 a8
   d8. d16 r4 a16 c d8 f r16 a,
   d8. d16 r4 r8. d16 a'8 gis16 g
   (g2) f16 d h8 d e16 d
   (d8.) h16 (h4) r4 h16 d e8
   fis8 r r h, fis'4 e8. dis16
   (dis4) fis8. h,16 r8. fis16 h8 a
   gis8. h16 r16 d16 r fis e8 d cis e16 d  
  }
 
Verk =
<<
  \new  Staff
    {
       \set Staff.midiInstrument = "trombone"
       \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup \center-column { "Euphonium" }
       {\Euphonium}
   }  
>>
\book {
  \score {
   \Verk
   \layout{}  
  }
}

\score {
  \unfoldRepeats \articulate
    \Verk
    \layout {}
  \midi {}
}

Regards,
Even

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: David Nalesnik <[hidden email]>
Sendt: 20. februar 2019 16:05
Til: Even Thorbergsen <[hidden email]>
Kopi: lilypond-user <[hidden email]>
Emne: Re: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Hi Even,
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 8:06 AM Even Thorbergsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Lilypond users,
>
>
>
> I cannot manage to have the use of slurs do any impact on the midi representation of Lilypond scores.
>
> I guess there is a solution to this?
>

LilyPond's MIDI output is fairly rudimentary, though you will get more musical results using the articulate script:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-articulate-script

Hope this helps,
David Nalesnik


_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SV: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Martin Tarenskeen


On Wed, 20 Feb 2019, Even Thorbergsen wrote:

> Thank you for your answer.
> Actually, I have tried this, but cannot make it work.
> Here is an example of what I have tried, the format is imo not easily grasped:


Hi Even,

You can find the solution in the P.S. of my previous answer. You are using
slurs but what you really want are ties. Use ~ to tie two notes. For
example: not h(h4) but h~h4

--

MT

_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SV: Lilypond slurs do not transfer to midi output

Martin Tarenskeen


> On Wed, 20 Feb 2019, Even Thorbergsen wrote:
>
>>  Thank you for your answer.
>>  Actually, I have tried this, but cannot make it work.
>>  Here is an example of what I have tried, the format is imo not easily
>>  grasped:
>
>
> Hi Even,
>
> You can find the solution in the P.S. of my previous answer. You are using
> slurs but what you really want are ties. Use ~ to tie two notes. For example:
> not h(h4) but h~h4

And after fixing that everywhere in your score you probably won't need
articulate.ly anymore, which would simplify your lilypond code.

--

MT

_______________________________________________
lilypond-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/lilypond-user