Lilypond Snippet Repository

brentboylan
Hey, I came to the forum to find some answers to a few challenges I'm having. Some of the responses I've come across link to different pages at http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/... but when I follow the links there's nothing there. Blank pages, sometimes an error depending on the browser I try it in. So, is the repository gone? Is the server just down temporarily? Is there a mirror somewhere? I know about the snippets library at https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets but it doesn't appear to be the same thing, at least I can't find the specific snippet I am looking for when I browse through its files.

Re: Lilypond Snippet Repository

Christ van Willegen
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 3:19 AM, brentboylan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey, I came to the forum to find some answers to a few challenges I'm having.
> Some of the responses I've come across link to different pages at
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/

The LSR was discussed yesterday, so it's not gone. But, indeed, the
server does not respond as it should.

Thanks for noticing, I'm sure one of the people taking care of the
server will look into it.

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Re: Lilypond Snippet Repository

Schneidy

Hey,

Hi Brent,

Is the server just down temporarily?

Yep. Sebastiano's working hard to fix that.

 I can't find the specific snippet I am looking for when I
browse through its files.

I can send you the one you're looking for.

Cheers,
Pierre

Re: Lilypond Snippet Repository

Urs Liska
Am 12.03.2014 09:07, schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider:

> Hey,
>

> Hi Brent,
>
> Is the server just down temporarily?
>

> Yep. Sebastiano's working hard to fix that.
>
>   I can't find the specific snippet I am looking for when I
>> browse through its files.
>>

> I can send you the one you're looking for.

To make this clear:
https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets is a different thing from the LSR.

Originally Janek created this repository to be able to provide snippets
and other material that wasn't compatible with LilyPond 2.14, which then
ran on LSR.
Now that Pierre updated everything to Lilypond 2.18 (thanks!) situation
is somewhat different. But I think the Github repository is useful
anyway. The major difference is that you can use the openlilylib repo as
an includable library. That is: download (or git clone), add the root
directory to LilyPond's include path and then simply include what you
need through the relative paths.

HTH
Urs

> Cheers,