Lilypond 2.5 for windows - command window and PS files

Lilypond 2.5 for windows - command window and PS files

Paul Hamelinck

Hi!

Congratulations with your new MS windows release! I installed it today; I am impressed, that you got the point and click to work in Acrobat!

However, I think I’ve got a small problem:

Each time I open lilypond, it comes up with this welcome to lilypond textfile. Apart from that I can’t type any text in the command windows, quite unhandy if I want to convert my old lily files.

As output files only the log and the PDF are created. Is there a way to get the PS as well (or rather only the PS and not the PDF)?

Paul Hamelinck

Cambridge

Re: Lilypond 2.5 for windows - command window and PS files

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Paul Hamelinck writes:

> Congratulations with your new MS windows release! I installed it today;
> I am impressed, that you got the point and click to work in Acrobat!

Thanks.  I'm glad it works.

> However, I think I've got a small problem: Each time I open
> lilypond, it comes up with this welcome to lilypond textfile.

Well, yes.  I must admit that is a bit silly, but do you have a better
suggestion?

> Apart from that I can't type any text in the command windows,
> quite unhandy if I want to convert my old lily files.

I do not understand this?

Note that convert-ly is a Python script, and they do not work with the
native installer.

The Python scripts unless you install Python, and even if you do, it
has not been tested.

> As output files only the log and the PDF are created. Is there a way to
> get the PS as well (or rather only the PS and not the PDF)?

Currently not.  The PS as currently generated on windows is not usable
other than an intermediate step to the PDF.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org