Lily 2.19.83 crashed

Jacques Menu Muzhic
Hello folks,

The attached file caused a crash:

menu@macbookprojm: ~/libmusicxml-git/files/samples/musicxml > lilypond HelloWorld.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.19.83
Processing `HelloWorld.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
warning: no music found in score
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Interpreting music...
warning: no music found in score
MIDI output to `HelloWorld.midi'...Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

due to:

      \new Staff = "Part_POne_Staff_One"
      \with {

My wrong, I confess…

JM

HelloWorld.ly (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Lily 2.19.83 crashed

David Kastrup
Jacques Menu <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello folks,
>
> The attached file caused a crash:
>
> menu@macbookprojm: ~/libmusicxml-git/files/samples/musicxml > lilypond HelloWorld.ly
> GNU LilyPond 2.19.83
> Processing `HelloWorld.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> warning: no music found in score
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> Interpreting music...
> warning: no music found in score
> MIDI output to `HelloWorld.midi'...Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> due to:
>
>       \new Staff = "Part_POne_Staff_One"
>       \with {
>       }
>       <<
>       >>
>
> My wrong, I confess…
The given example does not generate Midi.  An example showing probably
the same kind of crash would be

\score {
  \new Staff {}
  \midi {}
}

Might be worth reporting to the bug list so that it gets tracked.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".

Re: Lily 2.19.83 crashed

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno lun 10 feb 2020 alle 15:52, David Kastrup <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Jacques Menu <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>>  Hello folks,
>>
>>  The attached file caused a crash:
>>
>>  menu@macbookprojm: ~/libmusicxml-git/files/samples/musicxml >
>> lilypond HelloWorld.ly
>>  GNU LilyPond 2.19.83
>>  Processing `HelloWorld.ly'
>>  Parsing...
>>  Interpreting music...
>>  warning: no music found in score
>>  Preprocessing graphical objects...
>>  Interpreting music...
>>  warning: no music found in score
>>  MIDI output to `HelloWorld.midi'...Segmentation fault: 11 (core
>> dumped)
>>
>>  due to:
>>
>>        \new Staff = "Part_POne_Staff_One"
>>        \with {
>>        }
>>        <<
>>        >>
>>
>>  My wrong, I confess…
>
> The given example does not generate Midi.  An example showing probably
> the same kind of crash would be
>

> Might be worth reporting to the bug list so that it gets tracked.

No need to write to the bug list. It's already in the tracker (even if
summary should be corrected, I will do it now):