[LSR] multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly snippet should not use \compressFullBarRests

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[LSR] multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly snippet should not use \compressFullBarRests

Federico Bruni-2
Hi folks

Bug Squad, this does not require a new issue in the tracker, but just
someone who can fix the snippet on the LSR website.

There's a recent snippet file imported from LSR which contains
\compressFullBarRests.

$ git grep \compressFullBarRests Documentation/snippets
Documentation/snippets/multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly:25:
\compressFullBarRests
Documentation/snippets/new/multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly:17:
\compressFullBarRests


Given this commit:

commit ba9a8dc730bb3a681455150bc0a3eef0976523af
Author: Trevor Daniels <[hidden email]>
Date: Fri May 1 22:56:47 2015 +0100

    Issue 3687 (part 2): Amend docs to use \compressMMRests

      Amend the examples in the LM and NR to use the \compressMMRests
      music function rather than the predefs \compressFullBarRests and
      \expandFullBarRests to avoid advocating the use of techniques
      which may have undesirable side effects.


we should replace it with \compressMMRests.
Who can do this change in the LSR?

Thanks
Federico

PS Frescobaldi auto-completion is currently suggesting only
\compressFullBarRests.
I've opened a new issue in the python-ly package:
https://github.com/wbsoft/python-ly/issues/130




_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LSR] multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly snippet should not use \compressFullBarRests

James Lowe-3
Federico


On 30/08/18 10:54, Federico Bruni wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> Bug Squad, this does not require a new issue in the tracker, but just
> someone who can fix the snippet on the LSR website.
>
> There's a recent snippet file imported from LSR which contains
> \compressFullBarRests.
>
> $ git grep \compressFullBarRests Documentation/snippets
> Documentation/snippets/multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly:25:
> \compressFullBarRests
> Documentation/snippets/new/multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly:17:
> \compressFullBarRests
>
>
> Given this commit:
>
> commit ba9a8dc730bb3a681455150bc0a3eef0976523af
> Author: Trevor Daniels <[hidden email]>
> Date: Fri May 1 22:56:47 2015 +0100
>
>    Issue 3687 (part 2): Amend docs to use \compressMMRests
>
>      Amend the examples in the LM and NR to use the \compressMMRests
>      music function rather than the predefs \compressFullBarRests and
>      \expandFullBarRests to avoid advocating the use of techniques
>      which may have undesirable side effects.
>
>
> we should replace it with \compressMMRests.
> Who can do this change in the LSR?
I cannot find this on the LSR.

It is in LilyPond's own Snippets (but that is not the same thing) so a
change to this would require a change in git.

Also

grep -r "compressFullBarRests" * | wc -l

gives a count of 38 (of which 14 are *.po files) so we might as well
change it for those files too right?

In which case a tracker would be best.

Let me know.

James





_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [LSR] multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly snippet should not use \compressFullBarRests

Federico Bruni-2


Il giorno mar 11 set 2018 alle 14:59, James Lowe <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Federico
>
>
> On 30/08/18 10:54, Federico Bruni wrote:
>> Hi folks
>>
>> Bug Squad, this does not require a new issue in the tracker, but
>> just someone who can fix the snippet on the LSR website.
>>
>> There's a recent snippet file imported from LSR which contains
>> \compressFullBarRests.
>>
>> $ git grep \compressFullBarRests Documentation/snippets
>> Documentation/snippets/multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly:25:
>> \compressFullBarRests
>> Documentation/snippets/new/multi-measure-rest-length-control.ly:17:
>> \compressFullBarRests
>>
>>
>> Given this commit:
>>
>> commit ba9a8dc730bb3a681455150bc0a3eef0976523af
>> Author: Trevor Daniels <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Fri May 1 22:56:47 2015 +0100
>>
>>    Issue 3687 (part 2): Amend docs to use \compressMMRests
>>
>>      Amend the examples in the LM and NR to use the \compressMMRests
>>      music function rather than the predefs \compressFullBarRests and
>>      \expandFullBarRests to avoid advocating the use of techniques
>>      which may have undesirable side effects.
>>
>>
>> we should replace it with \compressMMRests.
>> Who can do this change in the LSR?
> I cannot find this on the LSR.
>
> It is in LilyPond's own Snippets (but that is not the same thing) so
> a change to this would require a change in git.
>

You are right. As it's a command introduced in a development version,
it's only in Documentation/snippets/new.

> Also
>
> grep -r "compressFullBarRests" * | wc -l
>
> gives a count of 38 (of which 14 are *.po files) so we might as well
> change it for those files too right?
>
> In which case a tracker would be best.
>
> Let me know.
>

.po files should not be changed, as they are updated from a single pot
file: Documentation/po/lilypond-doc.pot, which does not contain
compressFullBarRests. So .po files are not up-to-date with the pot file.
But this file has not been updated for years and I can't remember to
which extent it's actually used by the doc build system. I would ignore
it.

German and japanese translation are out-of-date, but translators are in
charge of keeping it up-to-date.

IMO we should open a new issue only for the snippet.




_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond