LSR inconsistencies

Werner LEMBERG

I've found some LSR inconsistencies.  All of the following snippets
are tagged as `docs' and approved but missing in the lilypond git
repository (while present in the LSR bundle).

  #1033 (customize-drumpitchnames,-drumstyletable-and-drumpitchtable-in-layout-and-midi.ly)
  #1069 (tam-tam-example.ly)
  #1071 (percussion-example.ly)
  #1083 (appogiatura-or-grace-note-before-a-bar-line.ly)

    Wrong word in title, BTW: appogiatura → appoggiatura

  #1084 (of-the-ubiquity-of-markup-objects.ly)
  #1087 (adding-or-modifying-script-articulations.ly):

    It contains the line

      %% Apparently this requires 2.19 or higher.

   Werner

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Thomas Morley-2
Am Sa., 5. Okt. 2019 um 10:11 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <[hidden email]>:

> I've found some LSR inconsistencies.  All of the following snippets
> are tagged as `docs' and approved but missing in the lilypond git
> repository (while present in the LSR bundle).
>
>   #1033 (customize-drumpitchnames,-drumstyletable-and-drumpitchtable-in-layout-and-midi.ly)
>   #1069 (tam-tam-example.ly)
>   #1071 (percussion-example.ly)
>   #1083 (appogiatura-or-grace-note-before-a-bar-line.ly)
>
>     Wrong word in title, BTW: appogiatura → appoggiatura
>
>   #1084 (of-the-ubiquity-of-markup-objects.ly)
>   #1087 (adding-or-modifying-script-articulations.ly):
>
>     It contains the line
>
>       %% Apparently this requires 2.19 or higher.
>

>    Werner

Hi Werner,

#1033 can be found in the 2.19.83-snippets, but not in master. No clue.
#1069 was approved Thursday or Friday, can't be in the source until
someone does a lsr-import
#1071 same as for #1069
#1083 title corrected, no clue why it's missing in master
#1084 no clue why it's missing in master
#1087 does not work with 2.18.2, should have never been approved.
Unapproved now.

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Werner LEMBERG

> #1033 can be found in the 2.19.83-snippets, but not in master. No
>       clue.
> #1069 was approved Thursday or Friday, can't be in the source until
>       someone does a lsr-import
> #1071 same as for #1069

OK.  Thanks for checking.

> #1083 title corrected, no clue why it's missing in master

I don't see a corrected title in today's sqldump file.  [And in the
text body the word is written incorrectly, too.]

Another minor issue: There are some snippets that have a full stop at
the end of the title.  IMHO, a title should never have that.

  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=310
  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336
  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=737
  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=775
  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=857
  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1097

    Werner

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Thomas Morley-2
Am Mo., 7. Okt. 2019 um 09:16 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <[hidden email]>:

> > #1033 can be found in the 2.19.83-snippets, but not in master. No
> >       clue.
> > #1069 was approved Thursday or Friday, can't be in the source until
> >       someone does a lsr-import
> > #1071 same as for #1069
>
> OK.  Thanks for checking.
>
> > #1083 title corrected, no clue why it's missing in master
>
> I don't see a corrected title in today's sqldump file.  [And in the
> text body the word is written incorrectly, too.]

Maybe I forgot to actually _store_ it :((
Hopefully it'll works now.

> Another minor issue: There are some snippets that have a full stop at
> the end of the title.  IMHO, a title should never have that.
>
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=310
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=737
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=775
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=857
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1097

I'll have a look soon.

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Werner LEMBERG
>> I don't see a corrected title in today's sqldump file.  [And in the
>> text body the word is written incorrectly, too.]
>
> Maybe I forgot to actually _store_ it :(( Hopefully it'll works now.

It does, thanks!

>> Another minor issue: There are some snippets that have a full stop
>> at the end of the title.  IMHO, a title should never have that.
>> [...]
>
> I'll have a look soon.

Thanks, too.

    Werner

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Thomas Morley-2
Am Mo., 7. Okt. 2019 um 09:16 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <[hidden email]>:

> Another minor issue: There are some snippets that have a full stop at
> the end of the title.  IMHO, a title should never have that.
>
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=310

Done

>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=336

Title is "Merging rests automatically..."
The "..." makes no real sense, imho. "..." removed.

Done.

Nowadays merging rests is builtin, this snippet should be removed with
next LSR upgrade.

>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=737

Done.

>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=775

Title is "Affecting items only on the left or rigth of a linebreak
(BarLines, KeySignatures, Clefs etc.)"

According to wikipedia "etc", i.e. without full stop, is valid as
well. Full stop removed.

Done.

>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=857

Done.

Though the title contains backslashes, thus it's not searchable in LSR.
Not sure what to do!?

>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1097

Done.

Cheers,
  HArm

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Werner LEMBERG
> Done.

Thanks!

>>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=857
>
> Done.
>
> Though the title contains backslashes, thus it's not searchable in
> LSR.  Not sure what to do!?

Hmm.  I just entered `\mark' in the LSR search box, and it *does*
return snippets with backslashes in the title.  What exactly is the
problem?

By the way, Sebastiano has now added support for HTML tags in snippet
titles.  For testing purposes I ask you to change, say in snippet

  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=546    ,

the title from

  Aligning objects created with the \mark command

  Aligning objects created with the <code>\mark</code> command

so that HTML code is added to the LSR dump.

    Werner

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Thomas Morley-2
Am Sa., 12. Okt. 2019 um 07:22 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <[hidden email]>:

> > Done.
>
> Thanks!
>
> >>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=857
> >
> > Done.
> >
> > Though the title contains backslashes, thus it's not searchable in
> > LSR.  Not sure what to do!?
>
> Hmm.  I just entered `\mark' in the LSR search box, and it *does*
> return snippets with backslashes in the title.  What exactly is the
> problem?

From here:
https://lsr.di.unimi.it/list.php?type=snippet
enter in the Title-box:
Template: integrating \startTextSpan and \stopTextSpan in a customized
TextSpanner
then click "Enable filter".
Nothing returns.

Some for #546 below (with and without <code>-tags)

> By the way, Sebastiano has now added support for HTML tags in snippet
> titles.  For testing purposes I ask you to change, say in snippet
>
>   http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=546    ,
>
> the title from
>
>   Aligning objects created with the \mark command

>   Aligning objects created with the <code>\mark</code> command
>
> so that HTML code is added to the LSR dump.

Done.

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Werner LEMBERG
>> > Though the title contains backslashes, thus it's not searchable
>> > in LSR.  Not sure what to do!?
>>
>> Hmm.  I just entered `\mark' in the LSR search box, and it *does*
>> return snippets with backslashes in the title.  What exactly is the
>> problem?
>
> From here:
>
>   https://lsr.di.unimi.it/list.php?type=snippet
>
> enter in the Title-box:
>
>   Template: integrating \startTextSpan and \stopTextSpan in a customized TextSpanner
>
> then click "Enable filter".  Nothing returns.

Indeed.  Here, the *second* backslash in the title prevents results in
the filter.  This looks like a bug in the LSR search engine.
Sebastiano?

> Ditto for
>
>   Aligning objects created with the <code>\mark</code> command

Yep.  Interestingly, it is possible to search for

  \mark</code>

Thanks for adding the HTML tags!  Will check that tomorrow after a new
dump is available.

    Werner

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Thomas Morley-2
Am Sa., 12. Okt. 2019 um 12:08 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <[hidden email]>:

> >> Hmm.  I just entered `\mark' in the LSR search box, and it *does*
> >> return snippets with backslashes in the title.  What exactly is the
> >> problem?
> >
> > From here:
> >
> >   https://lsr.di.unimi.it/list.php?type=snippet
> >
> > enter in the Title-box:
> >
> >   Template: integrating \startTextSpan and \stopTextSpan in a customized TextSpanner
> >
> > then click "Enable filter".  Nothing returns.
>
> Indeed.  Here, the *second* backslash in the title prevents results in
> the filter.

Not sure it's only the *second* backslash causing the problem.

Searching for
Template: integrating
returns correctly, but searching for
Template: integrating \startTextSpan
already fails.
Maybe the ":" is problematic as well?

Cheers,
  Harm

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Sebastiano Vigna-2

> On 12 Oct 2019, at 12:08, Werner LEMBERG <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  Template: integrating \startTextSpan and \stopTextSpan in a customized TextSpanner
>>
>> then click "Enable filter".  Nothing returns.
>
> Indeed.  Here, the *second* backslash in the title prevents results in
> the filter.  This looks like a bug in the LSR search engine.
> Sebastiano?

Mmmmhhhh... there's some weird escaping sorcery going on. If you look for \\startTextSpan it'll work. But yes, it should work with a single slash.

Actually, not. The indexed token is starttextspan. So the engine should tokenize '\' 'startTextSpan' and do its job. It's not. I'll have a look into it.

Ciao,

                                        seba

Re: LSR inconsistencies

Wols Lists
On 11/10/19 10:13, Thomas Morley wrote:
> According to wikipedia "etc", i.e. without full stop, is valid as
> well. Full stop removed.

Valid in common usage, maybe. If you're being a grammar pedant, it is an
abbreviation of "et cetera", so the full stop is required to indicate
the abbreviation (standard rules of grammar - characters that are left
out must be replaced by apostrophes or full stops).

Cheers,
Wol