LSR 2.20 #724 cannot be upgrated automagically

LSR 2.20 #724 cannot be upgrated automagically

Schneidy
Hi BugSquad,
Making some tests for the LSR v.2.20, I'm stuck with:
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=724

Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.84 [
autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly]...
Processing `C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000 LSR/
autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly'
Parsing...C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000
LSR/autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly:24:14: In procedure
make-autochange-music in expression (make-autochange-music (if ref # ...)):
C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000
LSR/autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly:24:14: Wrong number of
arguments to #<procedure make-autochange-music (ref-pitch music)>
Exited with return code 1.

Any idea?
TIA, cheers,
Pierre

Re: LSR 2.20 #724 cannot be upgrated automagically

David Kastrup
Pierre Perol-Schneider <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi BugSquad,
> Making some tests for the LSR v.2.20, I'm stuck with:
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=724
>
> Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.84 [
> autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly]...
> Processing `C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000 LSR/
> autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly'
> Parsing...C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000
> LSR/autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly:24:14: In procedure
> make-autochange-music in expression (make-autochange-music (if ref # ...)):
> C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000
> LSR/autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly:24:14: Wrong number of
> arguments to #<procedure make-autochange-music (ref-pitch music)>
> Exited with return code 1.
>
> Any idea?

commit e6e59e19a164f0d3af53b0bde3798940de162d66
Author: Thomas Morley <[hidden email]>
Date:   Thu Jul 30 20:39:22 2015 +0200

    Let \autochange accept optional arguments for the turning-point and clefs

    Issue 4530

    With the fix for issue 4465 bassStaffProperties and trebleStaffProperties are gone.
    This patch reimplements the functionality to set clefs for the staves and offers the
    possibility to set another turning-point apart from middle-C.
    This is done with optional arguments for \autochange.

    Two regtests are added to reflect these possibilities.
    Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely is extended accordingly.

    Also inserting the usual remarks about license, etc in autochange.scm.

was implemented in a non-upwards-compatible manner (like using an
optional argument in the Scheme function) and without a convert-ly rule.

We are a bit late in the game, but stable is stable and unstable is
unstable: I'd lean towards making the ref-pitch argument of the
make-autochange function optional and come _last_ to correspond to the
typical placement of Scheme optional arguments.  Then we'd need no
convert-ly rule.  With the same order as the LilyPond scheme-function,
we'd have to count arguments to do the right thing (or check types), and
that's more awkward.

It's worth noting, however, that the given LSR is quite redundant now
exactly because of that commit by Thomas that turns the normal
\autochange command into an \autochangeWithPitch anyway.

I'd still suggest changing make-autopitch because an optional argument
just is nicer.

Tracker issue: 5798 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5798/)
Rietveld issue: 567280043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/567280043)
Issue description:
  Make make-autochange function upwards-compatible to 2.18  This
  entails putting the ref-pitch argument last and making it an
  optional argument.

Re: LSR 2.20 #724 cannot be upgrated automagically

Thomas Morley-2
Am Do., 27. Feb. 2020 um 11:09 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <[hidden email]>:

> Pierre Perol-Schneider <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Hi BugSquad,
> > Making some tests for the LSR v.2.20, I'm stuck with:
> > http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=724
> >
> > Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.84 [
> > autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly]...
> > Processing `C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000 LSR/
> > autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly'
> > Parsing...C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000
> > LSR/autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly:24:14: In procedure
> > make-autochange-music in expression (make-autochange-music (if ref # ...)):
> > C:/Users/Pierre/Documents/LilyPond/000
> > LSR/autochange-music-with-a-different-pitch.ly:24:14: Wrong number of
> > arguments to #<procedure make-autochange-music (ref-pitch music)>
> > Exited with return code 1.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> commit e6e59e19a164f0d3af53b0bde3798940de162d66
> Author: Thomas Morley <[hidden email]>
> Date:   Thu Jul 30 20:39:22 2015 +0200
>
>     Let \autochange accept optional arguments for the turning-point and clefs
>
>     Issue 4530
>
>     With the fix for issue 4465 bassStaffProperties and trebleStaffProperties are gone.
>     This patch reimplements the functionality to set clefs for the staves and offers the
>     possibility to set another turning-point apart from middle-C.
>     This is done with optional arguments for \autochange.
>
>     Two regtests are added to reflect these possibilities.
>     Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely is extended accordingly.
>
>     Also inserting the usual remarks about license, etc in autochange.scm.
>
> was implemented in a non-upwards-compatible manner (like using an
> optional argument in the Scheme function) and without a convert-ly rule.

Yep, I overlooked that.

> We are a bit late in the game, but stable is stable and unstable is
> unstable: I'd lean towards making the ref-pitch argument of the
> make-autochange function optional and come _last_ to correspond to the
> typical placement of Scheme optional arguments.  Then we'd need no
> convert-ly rule.  With the same order as the LilyPond scheme-function,
> we'd have to count arguments to do the right thing (or check types), and
> that's more awkward.
>
> It's worth noting, however, that the given LSR is quite redundant now
> exactly because of that commit by Thomas that turns the normal
> \autochange command into an \autochangeWithPitch anyway.

Since it's now documented in Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely, I
suggest to simply delete http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=724 from
LSR during 2.20 upgrade.

> I'd still suggest changing make-autopitch because an optional argument
> just is nicer.
>
> Tracker issue: 5798 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5798/)
> Rietveld issue: 567280043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/567280043)
> Issue description:
>   Make make-autochange function upwards-compatible to 2.18  This
>   entails putting the ref-pitch argument last and making it an
>   optional argument.

Thanks,
  Harm