Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

janek.lilypond
Hi everyone,

for those who don't know me: I was an active member of the community
several years ago, contributed patches, co-authored LilyPond blog, and together
with Urs Liska <https://lilypondblog.org/2014/03/oskar-fried-the-big-bang/>
typeset
an award-winning publication
<https://www.best-edition.de/files/theme_files_q/archiv/2014/html/2014_preistraeger_07.htm>
with
LilyPond. Since then I've pursued a career in software development.

I just came back from music engraving conference organized by Werner and
Urs (kudos to them!!), and - inspired by the people present there (most
importantly Han-Wen, Mike Solomon and Kieren MacMillan) - I decided to get
involved in the project again :-) I should be able to spend about 5-10
hours a week on LilyPond.

One of the topics discussed in Salzburg was making it easier to contribute
to LilyPond. I have proposed to lead that effort, and the people present
agreed to it. I would like to ask the full developer community for your
trust*,* too. I will share my plans in a separate thread.

cheers,
Janek

Re: Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

Carl Sorensen-3
Welcome back, Janek!  You certainly have my trust!

Carl

Re: Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

Trevor Daniels

Janek, you wrote 20/01/2020 16:34:15

>I just came back from music engraving conference organized by Werner and
>Urs (kudos to them!!), and - inspired by the people present there (most
>importantly Han-Wen, Mike Solomon and Kieren MacMillan) - I decided to get
>involved in the project again :-) I should be able to spend about 5-10
>hours a week on LilyPond.
Wow! Han-Wen and now Janek! Welcome back to both of you!

>One of the topics discussed in Salzburg was making it easier to contribute
>to LilyPond. I have proposed to lead that effort, and the people present
>agreed to it. I would like to ask the full developer community for your
>trust*,* too. I will share my plans in a separate thread.
Good luck!

Trevor

Re: Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

David Nalesnik
On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:37 AM Janek Warchoł <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> for those who don't know me: I was an active member of the community
> several years ago, contributed patches, co-authored LilyPond blog, and together
> with Urs Liska <https://lilypondblog.org/2014/03/oskar-fried-the-big-bang/>
> typeset
> an award-winning publication
> <https://www.best-edition.de/files/theme_files_q/archiv/2014/html/2014_preistraeger_07.htm>
> with
> LilyPond. Since then I've pursued a career in software development.
>
> I just came back from music engraving conference organized by Werner and
> Urs (kudos to them!!), and - inspired by the people present there (most
> importantly Han-Wen, Mike Solomon and Kieren MacMillan) - I decided to get
> involved in the project again :-) I should be able to spend about 5-10
> hours a week on LilyPond.
>
> One of the topics discussed in Salzburg was making it easier to contribute
> to LilyPond. I have proposed to lead that effort, and the people present
> agreed to it. I would like to ask the full developer community for your
> trust*,* too. I will share my plans in a separate thread.
>
> cheers,
> Janek

Welcome back, Janek!

David

Re: Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Janek,

1. Wonderful to have you back!
2. There’s this lyrics thing maybe you could take a look at…?  ;)

Best,
Kieren.
________________________________

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: [hidden email]

Re: Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

janek.lilypond
Hello (again),

I guess an explanation of the silence on my side is in place...

For some time now I'm struggling with some personal problems that make me,
well, occasionally "unusable". Unfortunately one such situation occurred
after I wrote, and I managed to pull myself together only this week. I
apologize for lack of follow-up, I should have notified you.

Things should be better at least for some time (it's hard to predict when
something similar will happen to me again). I am sorry that this makes me
not very reliable... I will try to counter this by slicing work into
chunks, to limit the amount of stuff "in progress".

my best wishes to you,
Janek

pon., 20 sty 2020 o 17:34 Janek Warchoł <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> Hi everyone,
>
> for those who don't know me: I was an active member of the community
> several years ago, contributed patches, co-authored LilyPond blog, and together
> with Urs Liska
> <https://lilypondblog.org/2014/03/oskar-fried-the-big-bang/> typeset an award-winning
> publication
> <https://www.best-edition.de/files/theme_files_q/archiv/2014/html/2014_preistraeger_07.htm> with
> LilyPond. Since then I've pursued a career in software development.
>
> I just came back from music engraving conference organized by Werner and
> Urs (kudos to them!!), and - inspired by the people present there (most
> importantly Han-Wen, Mike Solomon and Kieren MacMillan) - I decided to get
> involved in the project again :-) I should be able to spend about 5-10
> hours a week on LilyPond.
>
> One of the topics discussed in Salzburg was making it easier to contribute
> to LilyPond. I have proposed to lead that effort, and the people present
> agreed to it. I would like to ask the full developer community for your
> trust*,* too. I will share my plans in a separate thread.
>
> cheers,
> Janek

Re: Janek is coming back to LilyPond! :-)

janek.lilypond
wt., 21 sty 2020 o 19:33 Kieren MacMillan <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> 1. Wonderful to have you back!
> 2. There’s this lyrics thing maybe you could take a look at…?  ;)

:-)
Hopefully it can be one of the next things I work on. But contributing
process must come first.