Is there already a German translation of manual?

Is there already a German translation of manual?

Marc Weber
if not perhaps I find some time to translate the most important things..
Do you know where to find the source, then?

Marc

Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Marc Weber writes:

> if not perhaps I find some time to translate the most important things..
> Do you know where to find the source, then?

That's great.  May I suggest you start with the web site?  That
potentially has a much bigger audience than the documentation.

See also the discussion about french documentation

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-04/msg00233.html

that has lead to the french website.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

Marc Weber
> That's great.  May I suggest you start with the web site?  That
> potentially has a much bigger audience than the documentation.
I've started. Till now I've finished 1 switch/tour.html.
There are some words I don't know how to translate correctly.

Does engraved mean written by hand all the time?

    "Moreover it's also free (as in "speech") software.  "
    as in "speech".
What does this mean?

  (q.v., just about any Warner Bros. score, and even many of the
  most recent by "the old houses"). [..]

q.v. ?

When I finish alle files marked by priority 1 I'll upload them to the
mailinglist as said in README or TRANSLATION file.. ;)

Greets Marc

Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

Daniel Johnson-2
Marc Weber wrote:

>Does engraved mean written by hand all the time?

No.   When applied to music, engraved simply is the opposite of
handwritten.  Hence computer-generated files, as well as music created
from hand-engraved metal plates, are all referred to as "engraved".

>    "Moreover it's also free (as in "speech") software.  "
>    as in "speech".
>What does this mean?

In English, the word "free" means both gratis and libre.  "Free as in
free beer" means gratis; "Free as in free speech" means libre.  In the
software world, this means that not only is a piece of GPL software
cost-free (gratis), but it is also free of legal encubrance (libre).

http://www.liv.ac.uk/education/hd/latin.html

Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

Marc Weber
(Sorry Daniel for sending this mail to you privatly.. I've pressed the
wrong reply key..)

Translating getting-started.html and windows.html in site/install/ I got
these questions:

 Why is it a must to install cygwin to default install directory
 c:\cygwin\ ?

 What about the native version of lilypond without cygwin?

 In getting-started there is this text:
   The easiest option for  Windows users is the    <a
   href="windows.html">drag &amp; drop approach</a>.
 with a reference to windows.html.
 But the approach listed there is double clicking on the .ly file ??
 Where is the conjunction to drag & drop??
 Is this also called this way? I know the term drag & drop as while
 klicking moving the mouse to move some object somwhere else..

 getting-started.html (cvs) contains the information how to run editor
 and how to compile twice.. but the online version doesn't.. (?)
 .. Is this intended?

 "All logos and product images are copyright and trademark
 acknowledged."
 What does trademark acknowledged mean?

 I've now translated all "delivery" pages (priority 1).
 My de folder is zipped 45kb. Shall I post it here?

Marc Weber writes:

>  Why is it a must to install cygwin to default install directory
>  c:\cygwin\ ?

To reduce the number of problems, typically simultaneous/conflicting
installs, directory names with spaces, what have you.  Using another
directory works, of course, but do not expect too much help.  That's
the idea.

>  What about the native version of lilypond without cygwin?

What about it?  The native version is rather new, ideally both should
be described separately.

>  In getting-started there is this text:
>    The easiest option for  Windows users is the    <a
>    href="windows.html">drag &amp; drop approach</a>.
>  with a reference to windows.html.
>  But the approach listed there is double clicking on the .ly file ??
>  Where is the conjunction to drag & drop??
>  Is this also called this way?

Both dragging and dropping, as well as using the second mouse button's
context menu item "generate PDF" should work.  On some windows
flavours, double clicking also works, on others that will popup the
editor.

>  I know the term drag & drop as while
>  klicking moving the mouse to move some object somwhere else..

Yes.

>  getting-started.html (cvs) contains the information how to run editor
>  and how to compile twice.. but the online version doesn't.. (?)
>  .. Is this intended?

I don't understand.  Do you main that CVS does not match lilypond.org?

>  "All logos and product images are copyright and trademark
>  acknowledged."
>  What does trademark acknowledged mean?

Any copyrights and trademarks are acknowledged.  We respect and note
that some products and images have one of these protections.

>  I've now translated all "delivery" pages (priority 1).

That's great!

>  My de folder is zipped 45kb. Shall I post it here?

Yes, but can you first check why it is so big?  You may have
untranslated files or backup files there, or forgot to run gzip.  The
sizes of the French and Dutch sites are just

    -rw-rw-r--  1 janneke staff  26K 2005-07-31 17:53 fr.tar.gz
    -rw-rw-r--  1 janneke staff  13K 2005-07-31 17:53 nl.tar.gz

You may also send it to me and han-wen personally.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

jean-charles-2
Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :

> Marc Weber writes:
>

>>if not perhaps I find some time to translate the most important things..
>>Do you know where to find the source, then?
>

> That's great.  May I suggest you start with the web site?  That
> potentially has a much bigger audience than the documentation.
>
> See also the discussion about french documentation
>
>     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-04/msg00233.html
>
> that has lead to the french website.
>
> Jan.

May I suggest to build the national.po file in priority 1, as it will be
used for menus and mainly in /switch/tour.html

As a bonus, I enclose an emacs macro-file I founded in order not to be
obliged to "htmlize" accents while typing the French translation ( it
deals with umlauts as well) and might be useful to anybody. I just added
to my .emacs the following line:

(load-file "~/cvs/lily/macros-accents.el")

I type with the normal French keyboard
and just do, before a file saving:
M-x accents-html

and, before revising a file:
M-x html-accents

I know, I'm lazy...

Sincerely,

Jean-Charles

;; source : http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~ruette/emacs.html
;;
;; accents-tex : change les caracteres accentues en accents tex
;; conserve les majuscules, sans demander confirmation
;; sauf pour la lettre i, ou une confirmation est demandee
;; car il y a une difference minuscule/majuscule
;; î -> \^{\i} et Î -> \^I
;;
;; tex-accents : change les accents tex en caracteres accentues
;; sans demander confirmation
;; les majuscules sont respectees

(defun accents-tex ()
  (interactive)
  "change les caracteres accentues en accents tex"
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\á" "\\'a")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\à" "\\`a")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\â" "\\^a")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ä" "\\\"a")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\é" "\\'e")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\è" "\\`e")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ê" "\\^e")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ë" "\\\"e")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ó" "\\'o")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ò" "\\`o")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ô" "\\^o")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ö" "\\\"o")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ú" "\\'u")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ù" "\\`u")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\û" "\\^u")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ü" "\\\"u")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ç" "\\c{c}")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\í" "\\'{\\i}")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\ì" "\\`{\\i}")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\î" "\\^{\\i}")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\ï" "\\\"{\\i}")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\Í" "\\'I")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\Ì" "\\`I")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\Î" "\\^I")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (query-replace "\Ï" "\\\"I")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
)

(defun tex-accents ()
  (interactive)
  "change les accents tex en caracteres accentues"
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\\'" "1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\\`" "2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\\^" "3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\\\"" "4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "1\£\£a" "\á")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "2\£\£a" "\à")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "3\£\£a" "\â")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "4\£\£a" "\ä")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "1\£\£e" "\é")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "2\£\£e" "\è")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "3\£\£e" "\ê")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "4\£\£e" "\ë")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "1\£\£o" "\ó")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "2\£\£o" "\ò")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "3\£\£o" "\ô")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "4\£\£o" "\ö")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "1\£\£u" "\ú")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "2\£\£u" "\ù")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "3\£\£u" "\û")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "4\£\£u" "\ü")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\£{\\i}" "\£i")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "1\£\£i" "\í")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "2\£\£i" "\ì")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "3\£\£i" "\î")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "4\£\£i" "\ï")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\\c{" "5\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "5\£\£c}" "\ç")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; accents-html : change les caracteres accentues en accents html
;; sans demander confirmation
;; les majuscules sont respectees
;;
;; html-accents : change les accents html en caracteres accentues
;; sans demander confirmation
;; les majuscules sont respectees

(defun accents-html ()
  (interactive)
  "change les caracteres accentues en accents html"
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\á" "&a1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\à" "&a2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\â" "&a3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ä" "&a4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\é" "&e1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\è" "&e2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ê" "&e3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ë" "&e4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\í" "&i1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ì" "&i2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\î" "&i3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ï" "&i4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ó" "&o1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ò" "&o2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ô" "&o3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ö" "&o4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ú" "&u1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ù" "&u2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\û" "&u3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ü" "&u4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "\ç" "&c5\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "1\£\£" "acute;")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "2\£\£" "grave;")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "3\£\£" "circ;")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "4\£\£" "uml;")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "5\£\£" "cedil;")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
)

(defun html-accents ()
  (interactive)
  "change les accents html en caracteres accentues"
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "acute;" "1\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "grave;" "2\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "circ;" "3\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "uml;" "4\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "cedil;" "5\£\£")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "a1\£\£" "\£\£\á")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "a2\£\£" "\£\£\à")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "a3\£\£" "\£\£\â")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "a4\£\£" "\£\£\ä")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "e1\£\£" "\£\£\é")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "e2\£\£" "\£\£\è")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "e3\£\£" "\£\£\ê")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "e4\£\£" "\£\£\ë")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "i1\£\£" "\£\£\í")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "i2\£\£" "\£\£\ì")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "i3\£\£" "\£\£\î")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "i4\£\£" "\£\£\ï")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "o1\£\£" "\£\£\ó")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "o2\£\£" "\£\£\ò")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "o3\£\£" "\£\£\ô")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "o4\£\£" "\£\£\ö")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "u1\£\£" "\£\£\ú")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "u2\£\£" "\£\£\ù")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "u3\£\£" "\£\£\û")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "u4\£\£" "\£\£\ü")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "c5\£\£" "\£\£\ç")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
  (replace-string "&\£\£" "")
  (beginning-of-buffer)
)

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 05:55:30PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> >  What about the native version of lilypond without cygwin?
> What about it?  The native version is rather new, ideally both should
> be described separately.
So there is no description, yet

> Both dragging and dropping, as well as using the second mouse button's
> [..]
In windows.html there is described the double-click method, not drag &
drop. In getting-started there is mentioned drag & drap referencing
getting-started..
> I don't understand.  Do you main that CVS does not match lilypond.org?
I got confused. I had s.th. different in mind. It's all right.

> >  "All logos and product images are copyright and trademark
> >  acknowledged."
> >  What does trademark acknowledged mean?
> Any copyrights and trademarks are acknowledged.  We respect and note
> that some products and images have one of these protections.
trademark acknowleged means we respect the copyright restrictions?

> >  I've now translated all "delivery" pages (priority 1).
> That's great!
I'll send it to your private address.

Marc