Is it possible to specify a temporary directory instead of /tmp?

Is it possible to specify a temporary directory instead of /tmp?

Frédéric
Hi,
I'm trying to generate scores from a web page but my http server
(apache) is not allowed to write in /tmp (SELinux). I am allowed to
write in a specific directory where I save the .ly and .pdf but
lilypond generates the postscript file /tmp which fails when ran from
the web site.
Can I specify a specific temporary directory?

Re: Is it possible to specify a temporary directory instead of /tmp?

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno ven 22 mag 2020 alle 11:11, Frédéric <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to generate scores from a web page but my http server
> (apache) is not allowed to write in /tmp (SELinux). I am allowed to
> write in a specific directory where I save the .ly and .pdf but
> lilypond generates the postscript file /tmp which fails when ran from
> the web site.
> Can I specify a specific temporary directory?
> Regards,

You may set the TMPDIR environment variable when calling lilypond:

TMPDIR=~/tmp lilypond --verbose file.ly

Re: Is it possible to specify a temporary directory instead of /tmp?

Frédéric
> You may set the TMPDIR environment variable when calling lilypond:
>
> TMPDIR=~/tmp lilypond --verbose file.ly

wonderful!
Thanks