Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)

Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)

Gauco Wander Beall
Hi there:

This is my first post,

and i like to ask about "tabr":

Is anyone using it ?

It's a package for guitar tablature,

that  wrapps around LilyPond.

Although it generates (.ly),

it not generated this output data.

I used the following code:

# My First Score

library(tabr)

p("r a2 c f d a f", "4 8*6", "x 5 5 4 4 3 4") %>% track %>% score %>%
  tab("phrase.pdf", key = "dm", time = "4/4", tempo = "4 = 120")
outfile <- file.path(tempdir("C:/Users/gwb70/Documents/Tabr Sessions"), "out.ly")
lilypond(x, outfile)

Can anyone re-write this code to yield (.ly) ?

* This package requires R and Rstudio installation.

Thank you in advance:
                                                  GWB70.

Re: Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)

Carl Sorensen-3

From: Gauco Wander Beall <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 11:20 AM
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)

Hi there:

This is my first post,

and i like to ask about "tabr":

Is anyone using it ?

I have never used tabr, and cannot imagine a reason why I would want to do it.

Have you read the CRAN documentation for the package tabr?  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/tabr/tabr.pdf

It appears to show how you build up objects before you pass them to lilypond.  You need to create some phrases, then combine them into a score, and call tab(score….).

Personally, I’d rather just write the lilypond code instead of writing R code that will do a conversion to lilypond with whatever restrictions are built into the R data structures found in the tabr package.

I’d suggest you ask for help on R forums; you are the first person I’ve seen on the LilyPond forums asking for help with tabr.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Carl

RE: Is anyone using "tabr" ? (tablature oriented package)

Andrew Bernard

Hi Gauco,

Welcome to lilypond. What is your use case? Are you simply wanting to produce guitar tab, or are you wanting to do programmatic/algorithmic composition which outputs to lilypond? If the former, lilypond is fine for TAB as is, and many people use it. As for the algorithmic programming in R using lilypond as a backend, I have a feeling you will need to contact the tabr user community, if they have a mailing list or forum.

Andrew