Integrating Lilypont o/p w. text, LaTex and Word and troff

Integrating Lilypont o/p w. text, LaTex and Word and troff

Linda Seltzer
Dear Friends,

I would like to have a better idea of how to integrate Lilypond output
with text.

In the case of Windows and Word, which is what I have readily available at
present, I would have to insert the Lilypond output as a picture in the
Word document.  The Lilypond output is a .pdf file.
Question:  How does one control the size of the output picture.  For
example, is there a way to say that I want the output to leave a 1/4 inch
space after the last staff and then end the picture there?
Question:  Do I need to have Adobe Acrobat and not Reader in order to edit
the picture and convert it to a picture format?
Question:
What picture format should it be converted to?  Word provided a lot of
choices, but .pdf wasn't one of them.

In the case of LaTex
Is there a set of macros for LaTex so that I don't have to worry about
formatting text into paragraphs, etc.?
Where do I get LaTex?

In the case of Troff
Where to I get troff for Windows? (I don't have a linux system available
currently)?

Thank you,
Linda

Re: Integrating Lilypont o/p w. text, LaTex and Word and troff

Werner LEMBERG

> Where to I get troff for Windows? (I don't have a linux system
> available currently)?

  http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/groff.htm

    Werner

Re: Integrating Lilypont o/p w. text, LaTex and Word and troff

fiëé visuëlle
Am 2005-12-29 um 21:07 schrieb Linda Seltzer:

> In the case of LaTex
> Is there a set of macros for LaTex so that I don't have to worry about
> formatting text into paragraphs, etc.?

There's the script lilypond-book in the distribution, see its
documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/lilypond/
LilyPond_002dbook.html

> Where do I get LaTex?

from TUG (TeX Users Group) http://www.tug.org
e.g. you can buy a CD: http://www.tug.org/store/ (TeXlive or proTeXt
distribution)
You can also download the whole stuff from CTAN http://www.tug.org/
ctan.html

Myself I'm using ConTeXt, a more modern alternative to LaTeX; it's
LilyPond support is still a bit poor, but works.
see http://wiki.contextgarden.net

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle