In other news ...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

In other news ...

Urs Liska-3
... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to
this post:
http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/ 
?

Is there any way we can make this (the project, not the post) more
prominently advertise for LilyPond than putting it on
http://lilypond.org/productions.html?

With best regards and many thanks to all who helped me get this over the
goal line. As usual, I wouldn't have managed without the expertise on
this list.

Urs


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Lukas-Fabian Moser
Am 12.11.19 um 17:26 schrieb Urs Liska:
> ... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to
> this post:
> http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/ 
> ?

Congratulations and hip-hip-hooray!!!

Lukas


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Carl Sorensen-3
In reply to this post by Urs Liska-3


On 11/12/19, 9:26 AM, "Urs Liska" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    ... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to
    this post:
    http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/ 
    ?
   
Beautiful work, Urs!

Carl

   

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Mason Hock-2
In reply to this post by Urs Liska-3
On 11/12, Urs Liska wrote:
> ... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to this
> post: http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/
> ?

This looks terrific, Urs!  Congratulations.  Out of curiosity, is your
git repository for this project publicly available anywhere?  I would be
interested to see how you structured and organized your work.

Mason

signature.asc (484 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Urs Liska-3

Am 12.11.19 um 20:00 schrieb [hidden email]:
> On 11/12, Urs Liska wrote:
>> ... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to this
>> post: http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/
>> ?
> This looks terrific, Urs!  Congratulations.


Thanks!


> Out of curiosity, is your
> git repository for this project publicly available anywhere?  I would be
> interested to see how you structured and organized your work.


No, not yet. Currently everything is in a private Github repository of
the Digital Mozart Edition. There are two directories ("library" and
"toolbox") which I indend to move to a separate repository and make that
publicly available. From everything we discussed I assume that'll be OK
but I want to wait for the official confirmation before doing something
stupid. The next post (which is halfway written) will talk about the
LilyPond side of the infrastructure and (hopefully) link to that new
repository.

I expect the content to be made public too eventually. But that will
have to wait until two planned editions will (soon) be finished, music
examples Leopold Mozart inserted in letters, and the second edition of
the violin school. After that the repository will have to be tidied-up
before opening it up.

But you can already see the bare contents (encoding) of the music
examples (I got that wrong when writing the post and will have to
correct that). At the bottom of the left hand navigation column is a
button "XML Download" which will download the XML for the whole thing.
In my browser I had to do "view page source" to see it in a structured
tree. Once you're there you can search for "lilypond" and see the
included LilyPond code snippets. When trying this out I noticed that
obviously there has been some quoting issue when importing the snippets
into the main file, but you *can* see the bare LilyPond code that had
been used to produce the images (note that this is not "live" in any way).

Urs


>
> Mason

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Urs Liska-3
12. November 2019 21:49, "Urs Liska" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

>
> I expect the content to be made public too eventually. But that will have to wait until two planned
> editions will (soon) be finished, music examples Leopold Mozart inserted in letters, and the second
> edition of the violin school. After that the repository will have to be tidied-up before opening it
> up.
>

To avoid misunderstandings: these two follow-up projects are substantially smaller. "Letters" relates to a bunch of around 30 examples used in letters relating to the book edition, and "second edition" refers to the second edition of the book in 1769 where a certain number of examples have been modified and a few ones added. That's not too big a deal.

Urs

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Phil Holmes
In reply to this post by Urs Liska-3
----- Original Message -----
From: "Urs Liska" <[hidden email]>
To: "lilypond-user" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:26 PM
Subject: In other news ...


> Is there any way we can make this (the project, not the post) more
> prominently advertise for LilyPond than putting it on
> http://lilypond.org/productions.html?


Add it as a ponding?

--
Phil Holmes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Urs Liska-3
In reply to this post by Urs Liska-3
Since our post announcement function doesn't seem to work anymore, I'll
just use this thread to point you to the second issue in this post
series:
http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-2-lilypond-structure-and-organization/

Thank you David Olson for copy-editing!

The remaining two posts will take more time because the underlying stuff
will have to be tidied-up.

Have fun
Urs

Am 12.11.19 um 17:26 schrieb Urs Liska:

> ... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to
> this post:
> http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/ 
> ?
>
> Is there any way we can make this (the project, not the post) more
> prominently advertise for LilyPond than putting it on
> http://lilypond.org/productions.html?
>
> With best regards and many thanks to all who helped me get this over
> the goal line. As usual, I wouldn't have managed without the expertise
> on this list.
>
> Urs
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: In other news ...

Craig Dabelstein
Bravo Urs! Amazing work as usual!

Craig


On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 at 18:03, Urs Liska <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since our post announcement function doesn't seem to work anymore, I'll
just use this thread to point you to the second issue in this post
series:
http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-2-lilypond-structure-and-organization/

Thank you David Olson for copy-editing!

The remaining two posts will take more time because the underlying stuff
will have to be tidied-up.

Have fun
Urs

Am 12.11.19 um 17:26 schrieb Urs Liska:
> ... may I for once engage in some self-advertisment and point you to
> this post:
> http://lilypondblog.org/2019/11/leopold-mozart-violin-school-1-the-project/
> ?
>
> Is there any way we can make this (the project, not the post) more
> prominently advertise for LilyPond than putting it on
> http://lilypond.org/productions.html?
>
> With best regards and many thanks to all who helped me get this over
> the goal line. As usual, I wouldn't have managed without the expertise
> on this list.
>
> Urs
>
>



--
Craig Dabelstein
Owner
Maxime's Music
M: 0404884173
A: 19 Twelfth Ave,  Kedron QLD 4031, Australia
W: concertbandmusicstore.com[hidden email]