Images from Liedboek with attribution

Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Hi,

I put some images up at the public url

    https://plus.google.com/b/109917054452640897824/109917054452640897824/posts/jPRaUgF34ma

and I hope to get more publicity and possibly a donation for LilyPond.
This is a major publication.  There are three separate books, besides
this one there is one for choir and one for organ/piano accompaniment.

Currently, 140,000 copies are being printed.  1st (40,000) and
2nd (50,000) editions are already sold out.  3rd edition (50,000)
with many corrections is planned for mid-July.

Jan

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

pkx166h
Nice. But where are the images of the score?

 ;)

James writes:

> Nice. But where are the images of the score?

Ah, but you know what Lily looks like?  Added two

   https://plus.google.com/photos/116907903457895631414/albums/5888676946091255025

Jan

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

Julien Rioux
On 12/06/2013 2:27 PM, James wrote:
> Nice. But where are the images of the score?
>
>   ;)

http://www.liedboek.nl/voorbeelden/proefbundel

It looks really nice :)

--
Julien

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

Ed.Klarinet

Hi Jan,

Nice work!

>    https://plus.google.com/photos/116907903457895631414/albums/5888676946091255025

I was wondering about the time signature 2/2 + 3/2 which doesn't seem to match the music. Won't it be less confusing writing no time signature at all?

Greetings, Ed

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

pkx166h
Hello

On 12 Jun 2013, at 20:50, Julien Rioux <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/06/2013 2:27 PM, James wrote:
>> Nice. But where are the images of the score?
>>
>>  ;)
>>

> http://www.liedboek.nl/voorbeelden/proefbundel
>
> It looks really nice :)
>
> --
> Julien

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a relatively old version of LilyPond. The treble clef to me looks like the original one before it was mangled^H^H^H^H^H^H^H changed. I forget when, but circa 2.13.something.

James

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

Helge Kruse-5
2013/6/12 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I put some images up at the public url

    https://plus.google.com/b/109917054452640897824/109917054452640897824/posts/jPRaUgF34ma

and I hope to get more publicity and possibly a donation for LilyPond.

Hello Jan,

this reminds me to the last summer where I contributed a bit to this project. This was a great time. I would like to repeat this experience and hope I could share more scores.

Thanks
Helge

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

Christ van Willegen

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Ed Gordijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering about the time signature 2/2 + 3/2 which doesn't seem to
> match the music. Won't it be less confusing writing no time signature at
> all?

In church music, that doesn't indicate 'alternating' time signatures,
but only that both of these are used throughout the piece.
Occasionally, you may also see a an inline time signature for just one
measure, differing from the ones specified at the top...

I've been studying some scheme to get this effect automatically, since
it's being used relatively a lot in church hymns.

HTH

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

janek.lilypond

2013/6/12 James <[hidden email]>:
> Hello
> Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a relatively old version of LilyPond.
> The treble clef to me looks like the original one before it was mangled^H^H^H^H^H^H^H changed.

Akhem, akhem.
:-)

> I forget when, but circa 2.13.something.

It was 2.15.9, almost 2 years ago.  I suppose Liedboek was typeset with 2.14.2.

Janek

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

janek.lilypond
Hi all,

2013/6/12 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[hidden email]>:
> Ah, but you know what Lily looks like?  Added two
>
>    https://plus.google.com/photos/116907903457895631414/albums/5888676946091255025

https://plus.google.com/photos/116907903457895631414/albums/5888676946091255025/5888676943812707106?pid=5888676943812707106&oid=116907903457895631414

There are some interesting examples of ugly ties there.
JAnek

Re: Images from Liedboek with attribution

Ed.Klarinet

Hi Christ,

> In church music, that doesn't indicate 'alternating' time signatures,
> but only that both of these are used throughout the piece.

I didn't know that, I was indeed expecting a repetition of both time signatures.

Thanks,

Ed