Ignorant font question

Doug Asherman
Hello:

I'm still in a quandary: where does one get a free font that matches the
'Century Schoolbook L' that should be the default font for 2.5.x? I can
get 'Century Schoolbook' with a Windows install; but that means I have
to have scheme code in my \paper block or change the name of the font in
font.scm.

I'm sorry if this question has been answered before; I can't seem to
find the answer.

Oh, yeah, I'm running:
Lilypond 2.5.30 under Linux (Slackware). If the teTeX makes a
difference, it's 3.0. I've also compiled the ec fonts from scratch.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: Ignorant font question

Werner Scheinast
Am 10.06.05 schrieb DougAsherman:

> I'm still in a quandary: where does one get a free font that matches the
> 'Century Schoolbook L' that should be the default font for 2.5.x?

'Century Schoolbook L' _is_ a free font. Don't you have Ghostscript
installed? It is one of the Ghostscript standard fonts, located in
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/ in the files c0590*.pfb.

On Ghostscript's home page http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ you will find
the font package in .tar.gz form.

Hth
Werner

Re: Ignorant font question

Doug Asherman
W.Scheinast writes:

Am 10.06.05 schrieb DougAsherman:

> I'm still in a quandary: where does one get a free font that matches the
> 'Century Schoolbook L' that should be the default font for 2.5.x?

> 'Century Schoolbook L' _is_ a free font. Don't you have Ghostscript
> installed? It is one of the Ghostscript standard fonts, located in
> /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/ in the files c0590*.pfb.

> On Ghostscript's home page http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ you will
> find the font package in .tar.gz form.

I do have Ghostscript installed and the fonts are in
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts; however, Lilypond is not finding those
fonts; it defaults instead to a Sans-Serif TTF font in
/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/TTF.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Doug