Howto: Two alternatives in the same lin

Bernhard Kleine
Hi,

in a choral from Albert Becker in the alto part there are rhythmical and
text distribution alternatives between the first and the second stanza.
How to write this into a single alto line. A minimal  extract has the
two versions in separate lines.

My experience in this is a little frozen and I do not remember where to
look.

Thanks

Kind regard

Bernhard

--
spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch

testErquicke mich.ly (928 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Howto: Two alternatives in the same lin

David Wright
On Thu 06 Feb 2020 at 20:16:23 (+0100), Bernhard Kleine wrote:

> in a choral from Albert Becker in the alto part there are rhythmical and
> text distribution alternatives between the first and the second stanza.
> How to write this into a single alto line. A minimal  extract has the
> two versions in separate lines.

Perhaps the attached, though I would dash the slur and tie.

Cheers,
David.

erquick.ly (1K) Download Attachment
erquick.pdf (59K) Download Attachment

Am 06.02.2020 um 20:47 schrieb David Wright:
in a choral from Albert Becker in the alto part there are rhythmical and
text distribution alternatives between the first and the second stanza.
How to write this into a single alto line. A minimal  extract has the
two versions in separate lines.
Perhaps the attached, though I would dash the slur and tie.

Thanks a lot David, that looks almost like the original.

Kind Regards

Bernhard

Am 06.02.2020 um 21:14 schrieb Bernhard Kleine:

Am 06.02.2020 um 20:47 schrieb David Wright:
in a choral from Albert Becker in the alto part there are rhythmical and
text distribution alternatives between the first and the second stanza.
How to write this into a single alto line. A minimal  extract has the
two versions in separate lines.
Perhaps the attached, though I would dash the slur and tie.

Thanks a lot David, that looks almost like the original.

Kind Regards

Bernhard

My programming knowledge is very rusty. After I have solved the problem, I would like ask what this three lines

killtie = ....
killslur = ....
unkill = ...

do? Thanks for your patience!