How to write notes for drums?

Данил Костенков
Hello everybody!
I want to write notes for drums. But I don’t know how it do. Give me some advices and instructions about this. Thank you in advance.

Отправлено с iPhone

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Malte Meyn-3

Am 12.05.19 um 07:53 schrieb Данил Костенков:
> Hello everybody!
> I want to write notes for drums. But I don’t know how it do. Give me some advices and instructions about this. Thank you in advance.

Hi Danil,

have a look at the “Percussion” section of the Notation Reference:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/percussion

Cheers,
Malte

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Jacques Menu Muzhic
Hello Отправлено,

I send you an example privately.

JM

Le 12 mai 2019 à 08:04, Malte Meyn <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Am 12.05.19 um 07:53 schrieb Данил Костенков:
Hello everybody!
I want to write notes for drums. But I don’t know how it do. Give me some advices and instructions about this. Thank you in advance.

Hi Danil,

have a look at the “Percussion” section of the Notation Reference: http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/percussion

Cheers,
Malte

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Aaron Hill
On 2019-05-11 11:55 pm, Jacques Menu wrote:
> Hello Отправлено,

By the by, "Отправлено с iPhone" means "Sent from iPhone".

-- Aaron Hill

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Andrew Bernard
Sadly, we are not all comprehensive polyglots.

I could not refer to our new friend by name as I could not figure it out.

On 2019-05-11 11:55 pm, Jacques Menu wrote:
> Hello Отправлено,

By the by, "Отправлено с iPhone" means "Sent from iPhone".

-- Aaron Hill

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Andrew Bernard
Definitely Jacques drums should be played in private.

Andrew

Andrew Bernard <[hidden email]> writes:

> Sadly, we are not all comprehensive polyglots.
>
> I could not refer to our new friend by name as I could not figure it out.

Well, From: Данил Костенков <[hidden email]> would suggest
Danil to be a reasonably good guess.  I find that just knowing the
alphabet brings a lot of Russian into familiarity enough that I can
figure out what good amounts in my spam filter try selling me.

It tends to work better than Greek (which has similar letters) for me in
that respect.  In contrast, most other languages with different alphabet
are hopeless (Yiddish is cheating since it uses Hebrew letters for
transliterating what amounts to a German dialect with a long separate
history).

On 2019-05-12 12:37 am, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Sadly, we are not all comprehensive polyglots.

Oh, to be an actual polyglot I could only wish.  But I have always been
far more interested in writing systems and scripts than the languages
themselves.  As such, I am resigned to utilizing online translation,
with all of its foibles.

> I could not refer to our new friend by name as I could not figure it
> out.

My email client makes the sender's name and email reasonably
prominent--enough so, that Jacques' salutation confused me.  I had to
read Danil's email again to see where "otpravleno" came from.  Once I
saw the final line ending in "iPhone", I was fairly certain I knew what
the line meant.  A quick Google Translate confirmed it.

I do owe Jacques an apology.  I had only intended to call out the error
just for clarity to others on the mailing list, but I fear I may have
offended by pointing out the mistake.

-- Aaron Hill

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Jacques Menu Muzhic
Hello Aaron and all,

No offense, and thanks for the translation.

I sent the file privately because it’s no MWE and I don’t have any way to make it available on the net.
I can share it on this list of course if that fits.

A nice day!

JM

> Le 12 mai 2019 à 10:13, Aaron Hill <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On 2019-05-12 12:37 am, Andrew Bernard wrote:
>> Sadly, we are not all comprehensive polyglots.
>
> Oh, to be an actual polyglot I could only wish.  But I have always been far more interested in writing systems and scripts than the languages themselves.  As such, I am resigned to utilizing online translation, with all of its foibles.
>
>> I could not refer to our new friend by name as I could not figure it out.
>
> My email client makes the sender's name and email reasonably prominent--enough so, that Jacques' salutation confused me.  I had to read Danil's email again to see where "otpravleno" came from.  Once I saw the final line ending in "iPhone", I was fairly certain I knew what the line meant.  A quick Google Translate confirmed it.
>
> I do owe Jacques an apology.  I had only intended to call out the error just for clarity to others on the mailing list, but I fear I may have offended by pointing out the mistake.
>

> -- Aaron Hill

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Andrew Bernard
Hi Jacques,

I was of course joking about drums! But I was hoping we might see a nice example here from you on the list, which I am sure would be helpful to people.

cheerio!
Andrew

On Sun, 12 May 2019 at 19:13, Jacques Menu <[hidden email]> wrote:

I sent the file privately because it’s no MWE and I don’t have any way to make it available on the net.
I can share it on this list of course if that fits.

Re: How to write notes for drums?

Jacques Menu Muzhic
Hello Andrew,

Here is this example, for what it’s worth:

JM

Le 12 mai 2019 à 14:24, Andrew Bernard <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Jacques,

I was of course joking about drums! But I was hoping we might see a nice example here from you on the list, which I am sure would be helpful to people.

cheerio!
Andrew

On Sun, 12 May 2019 at 19:13, Jacques Menu <[hidden email]> wrote:

I sent the file privately because it’s no MWE and I don’t have any way to make it available on the net.
I can share it on this list of course if that fits.

PercussionsPourLeConcertDeMars2019.ly (43K) Download Attachment