How to shorten ties?

Gianluca D\'Orazio
Good afternoon to everybody!
I know that the answer to my question is probably somewhere in the manual, but
I will be grateful to anyone who could help me.
I've been searching for a way to shorten ties. I've tried with commands such
as "extra-X-extent" but I couldn't make it work.
I'm using Lilypond version 2.7.37 in Linux.
There's an example of the code I used:

\version "2.7"
\score {
  \new Staff \relative c'' {
    \once \override Staff.Tie #'extra-X-extent = #'(-1 . 0) a2~ a4 r

Thank you to everybody!

Gianluca D.

Re: How to shorten ties?

Mats Bengtsson-4
To find out what properties are available, follow the link
to "Tie" at the bottom of the section on Ties. The list you
see there contains only the properties that are set by default,
to see all available properties, you have to browse through
all the interfaces at the bottom of the page.
However, already here you see some interesting properties,
including x-gap (that you might want to increase) and
minimum-length (that you might want to decrease).

   /Mats

Gianluca D. wrote:

>Good afternoon to everybody!
>I know that the answer to my question is probably somewhere in the manual, but
>I will be grateful to anyone who could help me.
>I've been searching for a way to shorten ties. I've tried with commands such
>as "extra-X-extent" but I couldn't make it work.
>I'm using Lilypond version 2.7.37 in Linux.
>There's an example of the code I used:
>
>\version "2.7"
>\score {
>  \new Staff \relative c'' {
>    \once \override Staff.Tie #'extra-X-extent = #'(-1 . 0) a2~ a4 r
>  }
>}
>
>Thank you to everybody!
>
>Gianluca D.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
        Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: How to shorten ties?

Mats Bengtsson-4
Sorry, I looked at the manual for version 2.6. The implementation
of ties has changed in version 2.7 so the properties I mentioned
below are not set by default anymore. One possibility might
be to set X-extent.

   /Mats