How to put jDvi in jEdit work?

Eduardo Vieira
Hello list,
First I'd like to apologize if the question is not pertinent to this user list.
I'm using Lilypond Tool for jEdit and am happy with it, but can't figure out why I am not able to visualize the score with jDvi Viewer. It only says "jDvi starting..." but never starts (or never finishes).
Well I know my computer is old: Windows Me, Pentium celeron 433MHz, 188Mb RAM, and it usually takes a little over 1 minute to load jEdit (now using java 5). To process the Welcome_to_Lilypond file, takes 27 seconds, and I waited more than 45 minutes with the jDvi window saying "jDvi starting..." and never got anything.
What should I do — other than upgrading, or buying a new machine :) ?

Eduardo Vieira

Re: How to put jDvi in jEdit work?

Bertalan Fodor
As LilyPond doesn't support dvi now, jDvi is unsupported, so I would be
surprised if it worked. Sorry. You should use the external PDF viewer.

Bert

Eduardo Vieira wrote:

> Hello list,
> First I'd like to apologize if the question is not pertinent to this
> user list.
> I'm using Lilypond Tool for jEdit and am happy with it, but can't
> figure out why I am not able to visualize the score with jDvi Viewer.
> It only says "jDvi starting..." but never starts (or never finishes).
> Well I know my computer is old: Windows Me, Pentium celeron 433MHz,
> 188Mb RAM, and it usually takes a little over 1 minute to load jEdit
> (now using java 5). To process the Welcome_to_Lilypond file, takes 27
> seconds, and I waited more than 45 minutes with the jDvi window saying
> "jDvi starting..." and never got anything.
> What should I do — other than upgrading, or buying a new machine :) ?
> Eduardo Vieira

Re: How to put jDvi in jEdit work?

Eduardo Vieira
Thank you! I had forgotten about this "detail"... :|

> As LilyPond doesn't support dvi now, jDvi is unsupported, so I would be
> surprised if it worked. Sorry. You should use the external PDF viewer.
>
> Bert
>
> Eduardo Vieira wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> > First I'd like to apologize if the question is not pertinent to this
> > user list.
> > I'm using Lilypond Tool for jEdit and am happy with it, but can't
> > figure out why I am not able to visualize the score with jDvi Viewer.
> > It only says "jDvi starting..." but never starts (or never finishes).
> > Well I know my computer is old: Windows Me, Pentium celeron 433MHz,
> > 188Mb RAM, and it usually takes a little over 1 minute to load jEdit
> > (now using java 5). To process the Welcome_to_Lilypond file, takes 27
> > seconds, and I waited more than 45 minutes with the jDvi window saying
> > "jDvi starting..." and never got anything.
> > What should I do — other than upgrading, or buying a new machine :) ?
> > Eduardo Vieira

Re: How to put jDvi in jEdit work?

fiëé visuëlle
Am 2005-12-27 um 22:31 schrieb Eduardo Vieira:

> the Welcome_to_Lilypond file, takes 27 seconds, and I waited more
> than 45 minutes with the jDvi window saying "jDvi starting..." and
> never got anything.
> What should I do — other than upgrading, or buying a new machine :) ?

Are you sure your LilyPond is creating a DVI? (What version are you
using?) I'd use PDF...

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle