How to print "page x of x" in the header

How to print "page x of x" in the header

Mark Cookson
Before I start trying to figure out the Scheme code (and I usually struggle to get headers right even in word processors...) I'm wondering if anyone else has already done something similar:

I'm trying to figure out how to print the title and "page x of x" in the header of each page of a \book using Lilypond 2.6.4. Can anyone give me any clues? Is this likely to be easy to accomplish?

Thanks

Mark

Re: How to print "page x of x" in the header

Han-Wen Nienhuys-2

Mark Cookson wrote:
 > Before I start trying to figure out the Scheme code (and I usually
 > struggle to get headers right even in word processors...) I'm wondering
 > if anyone else has already done something similar:
 >
 > I'm trying to figure out how to print the title and "page x of x" in the
 > header of each page of a \book using Lilypond 2.6.4. Can anyone give me
 > any clues? Is this likely to be easy to accomplish?
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > Mark

Hi Mark,

that's not possible, currently. If you want, I can add it as a sponsored
"micro-feature" for 45 euro.

regards,

LilyPond Software Design
  -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com

Re: How to print "page x of x" in the header

Laura Conrad

    MC>    I'm trying to figure out how to print the title and "page x
    MC>    of x" in the header of each page of a \book using Lilypond
    MC>    2.6.4. Can anyone give me any clues? Is this likely to be
    MC>    easy to accomplish?

If you use lilypond-book, this and a lot of things like it are quite
easy.  I think the most straightforward way is to put:

       \usepackage(lastpage)

in your document header, and then say:

   \pageref(LastPage)

wherever you want to use the number of the last page.

--
Laura (mailto:[hidden email] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 fax: (501) 641-5011

Re: How to print "page x of x" in the header

Mark Cookson
Thanks for the replies, Han-Wen and Laura.

I suspect it's a one-off requirement for me (I'm putting together some pages of scales for students) so I'll give the lilypond-book method a go first. I've done each scale as a separate score within a \book, so not sure how easy it will be to get things into a shape lilypond-book likes the look of...

Mark