How to make mp3-files from midi

Wolfgang Zocher
Hi all,

I'm trying to make mp3's from the midi-files generated by lilypond using
timidity and lame. Unfortunately, I have no success using these tools: the
resulting mp3-file runs much too fast on the mpg123 player; sometimes I only
get some "noise". The reason is simple: I can't find the right options for
both tools.

Is there anybody out there who can help me out with correct options for
timdity and lame? (or with a hint to another tool)

Thank you all,
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Zocher  http://www.wolfgang-zocher.privat.t-online.de/
Registered Linux User #337888 using Debian GNU/Linux

97.025% of statistics are wrong

Re: How to make mp3-files from midi

Doug Asherman
Wolfgang Zocher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to make mp3's from the midi-files generated by lilypond using

> Is there anybody out there who can help me out with correct options for
> timdity and lame? (or with a hint to another tool)

This is how I do it:

timidity input.mid -Ow1S -s 44100 -o output.wav
lame -h output.wav output.mp3

I don't seem to get any noise this way, though of course, your results
may differ. Good luck on this.

Doug

> Thank you all,
> Wolfgang

Re: How to make mp3-files from midi

jeff covey
on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 03:26:35PM +0200%, Wolfgang Zocher said:

> I'm trying to make mp3's from the midi-files generated by lilypond using
> timidity and lame.

this has always worked for me; does it not for you?:

timidity -Ow -o foo.wav foo.midi
lame foo.wav foo.mp3

sincerely,

--