How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Ziad GHOLAM
Hello, to all the lilyponders !

Sorry if the issue have already been delt with...

I am working on a music score for SATB & basso continuo (figured bass) :
I would like to enforce LilyPond to increase the gap (or spacing) between the SATB voices and the basso continuo staff ...
I think that the spacing should be at least twice the one the separate two successive voices, is it possible to do so ?

Nota Bene :
I am still using version 2.18 as the official lilypond site declares that 2.19 is still "unstable" ...
So, until the next stable version 2.20 is ready to be launched, I prefer to "abide the rules" edicted by LP !

Thanks for your advice(s)

__

Regards,
Ziad GHOLAM

Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Ziad,

> I am working on a music score for SATB & basso continuo (figured bass) :
> I would like to enforce LilyPond to increase the gap (or spacing) between the SATB voices and the basso continuo staff ...
> I think that the spacing should be at least twice the one the separate two successive voices, is it possible to do so ?

\layout {
  \context {
    \FiguredBass
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-staff-spacing.padding = #30

Play with the number (in this example, 30) to get your desired distance.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.
________________________________

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: [hidden email]

Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Ziad GHOLAM
Hello
Thanks for the clue ...

I already have this  my \layout section :

\context
{
\Score
figuredBassFormatter = #format-bass-figures
}

So I tried adding a \context { \FiguredBAss and the \override ... with several numbers : #30 and #40 ...
Unfortunately, It did not work  !

Thanks anyway .

__

Cordialement,

Ziad GHOLAM
Consultant Méthodes, Implémentation ISO-27001, ISO-9001
+33.681.488.898
= = = = = = = = =
www.proactivis.com

IT Services / Conseil
= = = = = = = = =

Hi Ziad,

‣ email: [hidden email]

Ziad Gholam <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello, to all the lilyponders !
>

> Sorry if the issue have already been delt with...
>
> I am working on a music score for SATB & basso continuo (figured bass) :
> I would like to enforce LilyPond to increase the gap (or spacing) between
> the SATB voices and the basso continuo staff ...
> I think that the spacing should be at least twice the one the separate two
> successive voices, is it possible to do so ?
>

> Nota Bene :
> I am still using version 2.18 as the official lilypond site declares
> that 2.19 is still "unstable" ...
> So, until the next stable version 2.20 is ready to be launched, I prefer to
> "abide the rules" edicted by LP !

The versions after 2.19.80 have been prereleases from the stable branch.
2.19.84 is the last prerelease.  If people don't use and test it and
report back problems, 2.20.0 will not be one iota more stable than
2.19.84.  There is no magic process by which untested software becomes
more stable, given enough time.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".

Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Aaron Hill
On 2020-02-17 7:29 am, Ziad Gholam wrote:
> So I tried adding a \context { \FiguredBAss and the \override ... with
> several numbers : #30 and #40 ...
> Unfortunately, It did not work  !
>
> Le lun. 17 févr. 2020 à 16:04, Kieren MacMillan <
> [hidden email]> a écrit :

>> \layout {
>>   \context {
>>     \FiguredBass
>>     \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-staff-spacing.padding = #30
>>   }
>> }

I believe it should be nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.
                                 ^^^^^^^

-- Aaron Hill

Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Ziad,

> Thanks for the clue ...
> Unfortunately, It did not work  !

Without you posting an MWE, how can we possibly diagnose the problem?

My suggestion seems to work perfectly for me:

%%%

    \new Staff { c' }
    \new FiguredBass \figuremode { < 6 >4 }

    \new Staff { c' }
    \new FiguredBass \figuremode { < 6 >4 }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \FiguredBass
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing.padding = #30
%%%

Cheers,
Kieren.
________________________________

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: [hidden email]

Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Ziad GHOLAM
Thanks!

I am going to download and istall version 2.19.84 and then I shall try to execute your script ...

__

Cordialement,

Ziad GHOLAM

Hi Ziad,

‣ email: [hidden email]

Re: How to increase the "gap" between SATB group of staves and basso continuo staff ?

Ziad GHOLAM
Hello again,

As I searched more thoroughly into LP Online initiation Manual,
I found the answer using :

\new ChoirStaff \with {
    \override StaffGrouper.
      staffgroup-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #15
  }

Thus, the whole group od staves will be separated from the following group/staff ...

The result is   OK   !

I am sorry I bothered you with my question, and thank you all for your advices.

__