Hiding cautionary clef

Orm Finnendahl-5
Hi,

 is there a straightforward way to remove a cautionary clef at the end
of a line when the clef changes between the current and the next line
while keeping it at the beginning of the next line?

I tried different settings for break-visibility and \omit but that
either removes the Clefs alltogether or doesn't have any effect.

--
Orm

Re: Hiding cautionary clef

Aaron Hill
On 2019-05-09 6:37 am, Orm Finnendahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  is there a straightforward way to remove a cautionary clef at the end
> of a line when the clef changes between the current and the next line
> while keeping it at the beginning of the next line?
>
> I tried different settings for break-visibility and \omit but that
> either removes the Clefs alltogether or doesn't have any effect.

According to the Notation Reference [1], what you need to set is
Staff.explicitClefVisibilty to control the appearance of this so-called
"warning" clef:

> By default, a clef change taking place at a line break will cause the
> new clef symbol to be printed at the end of the previous line, as a
> warning clef, as well as the beginning of the next. This warning clef
> can be suppressed.
>
> %%%%
> \clef treble { c'2 c' } \break
> \clef bass { c'2 c' } \break
> \clef alto
>   \set Staff.explicitClefVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
>   { c'2 c' } \break
>   \unset Staff.explicitClefVisibility
> \clef bass { c'2 c' } \break
> %%%%