Help with ties

Stemby
Hello,
could you help me in transcribing the attached file, please?

This is my attempt:
-----
\version "2.18.2"

global = {
  \key as \major
  \time 2/2
}

right = \relative c' {
  \global
      es'2( des4 c
      des2 c)
    } \\
    {
      <es, as>1 ~
      as4 g as2            % FIXME: missing e

left = \relative c' {
  \global
      as1
      es
    } \\
    {
      c2 bes4 as
      bes2 as

  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "right" \right
    \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass \left }

}
-----

Thank you very much!

Carlo

help.tiff (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Help with ties

Phil Holmes

Use three voices instead of chords.  You can play with different voices to see which you prefer, and adjust the position of the notes as described in the Learning Manual.  You will probably also want to move the tie somewhat.

--
Phil Holmes

Stemb.ly (568 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Help with ties

Richard Shann-2
Here is a version I created with Denemo - I've cut out some verbosity.
I didn't tackle the custom time signature and I forget how you alter the
order of the horizontal displacements (someone kindly told me on this
list once :( ). Tie re-shaping is required, which is here done via the
most primitive method - there are some \shape commands for hand crafting
shapes.

HTH

Richard

On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 09:51 +0000, Phil Holmes wrote:

> Use three voices instead of chords.  You can play with different
> voices to see which you prefer, and adjust the position of the notes
> as described in the Learning Manual.  You will probably also want to
> move the tie somewhat.
>
> --
> Phil Holmes

junk.ly (2K) Download Attachment
junk.pdf (64K) Download Attachment

Re: Help with ties

Michael Gerdau
> Here is a version I created with Denemo - I've cut out some verbosity.
> I didn't tackle the custom time signature and I forget how you alter the
> order of the horizontal displacements (someone kindly told me on this
> list once :( ).

Adding something like

\once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1.0

in MvmntIVoiceII in front of aes'4 does that. You may wish to play with the
value though.
Note you'll have to adjust the shaped tie.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau       email: [hidden email]

Re: Help with ties

Stemby
Thank you very much!

Carlo

Re: Help with ties

Richard Shann-2
On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 11:56 +0100, Gerdau, Michael wrote:
> > Here is a version I created with Denemo - I've cut out some verbosity.
> > I didn't tackle the custom time signature and I forget how you alter the
> > order of the horizontal displacements (someone kindly told me on this
> > list once :( ).
>
> Adding something like
>
> \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1.0

Thanks for this - I saw a command for this syntax in the relevant menu
in Denemo but thought it was too low-level sounding. I was expecting the
choice of which voice should have its note displaced might be determined
by the voice order or some setting of precedence.

I've found this bit of documentation

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices

"... voices with upstems (odd-numbered voices) are shifted to the right,
and voices with downstems (even-numbered voices) are shifted to the
left. "

but no clue how this arbitrary choice might be changed

Richard