Grid Printing

Mehmet Okonsar
May be it can be useful to have the option of printing a grid, ideally in
light gray with a spacing of 1 staff-space, to deal with paddings and
extra-offset's in a preliminary print-out.
That is to minimize the guesswork when shifting object..
How that can be done?
Best Regards,
Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
www.okonsar.com

Re: Grid Printing

Mats Bengtsson-6
Even if you had such a grid, you have to notice that if you move one
object by specifying the padding, then other objects may move as well
(since LilyPond tries to avoid certain collisions).

The easiest way to implement such a grid is probably to use embedded
postscript code in a text markup or in a redefined print-function for
some object.

    /Mats

Mehmet Okonsar wrote:

> May be it can be useful to have the option of printing a grid, ideally in
> light gray with a spacing of 1 staff-space, to deal with paddings and
> extra-offset's in a preliminary print-out.
> That is to minimize the guesswork when shifting object..
> How that can be done?
> Best Regards,
> Mehmet Okonsar, pianist-composer
> www.okonsar.com

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology
        SE-100 44  STOCKHOLM
        Sweden
        Phone: (+46) 8 790 8463
         Fax:   (+46) 8 790 7260
        Email: [hidden email]
        WWW: http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe

Re: Grid Printing

Thies Albrecht
Hi everyone!

>May be it can be useful to have the option of printing a grid, ideally in
>light gray with a spacing of 1 staff-space, to deal with paddings and
> extra-offset's in a preliminary print-out...
That's something I was thinking of some time ago. In my opinion it would
be best to define such a grid in some other environment (perhaps LaTeX
???) and print it on a transparent foil. Afterwards you can printi your
score and put the foil on it to determine the necessary offset.

> Even if you had such a grid, you have to notice that if you move one
> object by specifying the padding, then other objects may move as well
Should be no problem when extra-offset is used. (@ Mats: IIRC we mailed
about that once).

Kind regards,
Thies