Grace notes in a chord

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Grace notes in a chord

Darius Blasband
Hello,

I have a 2.2 score, recently migrated to 2.6.3, where I have something
fairly common, such as:

\grace{a8[ b c d e f]} a4

which looked good, and which is printed as if the input was defined as a
chord <a b c d e f a> and the resulting
music is closer to a mix between Frank Zappa and Stockhausen than my
original intention.

The trouble is, I've been trying to reproduce the problem on a short
snippet, and I have failed consistently.
The only thing I have is the complete document, and the resulting PDF....

Any idea anyone ?

Cheers,

Darius.



_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grace notes in a chord

Erik Sandberg
On Friday 26 August 2005 11.13, Darius Blasband wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a 2.2 score, recently migrated to 2.6.3, where I have something
> fairly common, such as:
>
> \grace{a8[ b c d e f]} a4
>
> which looked good, and which is printed as if the input was defined as a
> chord <a b c d e f a> and the resulting
> music is closer to a mix between Frank Zappa and Stockhausen than my
> original intention.
>
> The trouble is, I've been trying to reproduce the problem on a short
> snippet, and I have failed consistently.
> The only thing I have is the complete document, and the resulting PDF....

I usually solve that by starting at the full score, and remove one part from
it at a time. (first, remove other staffs, then remove the last bars, then
remove the first bars, etc). Re-typeset between each removal, and always
remember the last thing you removed. It usually ends up in some kind of
binary search, and pretty soon you'll find a single operation that toggles
the buggy behaviour on/off.

> Any idea anyone ?

When you can't reduce the problem more, you could post it to this list, or if
it's too copyrighted for that, send it to me privately.

(if it's too copyrighted, you can always experiment with changing pitches &
durations, the bug will usually persist)

--
Erik


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grace notes in a chord

Darius Blasband
Ok, I have reduced the bug to the following input, made of two bars only.

the grace notes that start the second bar are printed as a chord.

Any help welcome !!!

D.

--------------------------------------------------------

\header{
filename =         "intermezzo.ly"
title =             "Intermezzo"
composer =         "Darius Blasband"
copyright =         "Rights reserved"
}

 #(set-global-staff-size 14)
\paper {
         indent = 0.0\pt
         linewidth = 300.0\pt
       }
     
\version "2.6.3"


global =  {
        \time 12/8
        \tempo 8=180
        \key e \minor
}


HighReprise =   \relative c {
       { <c gis' ais c>4 <b fis' b>8 <b fis' b> <ais fis' ais> <b fis' b> }
       { <c gis' c>  <ais fis' ais> <b fis' b> <c gis' c>
          <ais fis' ais> <b fis' b> }
      |
}


HighOtherThemeA =   \relative c {
      \grace {
  \override Stem   #'stroke-style = #"grace"
   c'8[ e fis b]
  \revert Stem #'stroke-style }
      <c  e fis c'>4.(
     
      {
        <b b'>8[ <fis fis'> <a a'> ]
        <g g'> <fis fis'> <g g'>
        <e e'> <fis fis'> <g g'>)
      } |
   }


highStaff = \context Staff = fluteBGroup <<
        \global
        {
         \HighReprise
         \HighOtherThemeA
        }
 >>


bothHands = \context PianoStaff <<
        \highStaff
 >>


\score{
      \bothHands
      \layout {}
      \midi {\tempo 2 = 50 }
}

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik Sandberg wrote:

>On Friday 26 August 2005 11.13, Darius Blasband wrote:
>  
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a 2.2 score, recently migrated to 2.6.3, where I have something
>>fairly common, such as:
>>
>>\grace{a8[ b c d e f]} a4
>>
>>which looked good, and which is printed as if the input was defined as a
>>chord <a b c d e f a> and the resulting
>>music is closer to a mix between Frank Zappa and Stockhausen than my
>>original intention.
>>
>>The trouble is, I've been trying to reproduce the problem on a short
>>snippet, and I have failed consistently.
>>The only thing I have is the complete document, and the resulting PDF....
>>    
>>
>
>I usually solve that by starting at the full score, and remove one part from
>it at a time. (first, remove other staffs, then remove the last bars, then
>remove the first bars, etc). Re-typeset between each removal, and always
>remember the last thing you removed. It usually ends up in some kind of
>binary search, and pretty soon you'll find a single operation that toggles
>the buggy behaviour on/off.
>
>  
>
>>Any idea anyone ?
>>    
>>
>
>When you can't reduce the problem more, you could post it to this list, or if
>it's too copyrighted for that, send it to me privately.
>
>(if it's too copyrighted, you can always experiment with changing pitches &
>durations, the bug will usually persist)
>
>  
>




_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Grace notes in a chord

Erik Sandberg
On Friday 26 August 2005 14.34, Darius Blasband wrote:
> Ok, I have reduced the bug to the following input, made of two bars only.
>
> the grace notes that start the second bar are printed as a chord.
>
> Any help welcome !!!

It's further reducable to:

{ c4 \relative { \grace d8 c4. }}

It seems to have to do with the \relative.

The bug seems to be fixed in 2.7.8.

Erik


_______________________________________________
bug-lilypond mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-lilypond