Grace notes and stem direction in v2.19

Schneidy
Hi Bug Squad,

Grace note stem direction seems to stay in the upper position:

%%% snippet %%%
\version "2.19.64"

\relative c'' {
  c4 \stemDown \grace d8 c4 c
}
%%% end %%%

Cheers,
Pierre

Re: Grace notes and stem direction in v2.19

Schneidy
I just found the correct way.
Sorry for the noise.
Cheers,
Pierre

dak

Pierre Perol-Schneider <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Bug Squad,
>
> Grace note stem direction seems to stay in the upper position:
>
> %%% snippet %%%
> \version "2.19.64"
>
> \relative c'' {
>   c4 \stemDown \grace d8 c4 c
> }
> %%% end %%%

It bears repeating: never use \stemDown rather than \voiceTwo unless you
know _exactly_ what you are doing and will feel responsible for dealing
with every consequence.

Re: Grace notes and stem direction in v2.19

James Lowe
Hello,

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:10:44 +0200
Pierre Perol-Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just found the correct way.

Well David did say that 'It bears repeating ...' so I wondered if we
need a doc enhancement perhaps or some warning in the doc in either
\stemDown or 'voices' or something?

If so, then let me know what it might be and we can create a doc patch.

James