Google Summer of Code final submission!

Owen Lamb
Hello everyone!

I've just completed Google Summer of Code for this year. My work has been on adding rudimentary support for SMuFL (a new music font standard) and bringing Emmentaler, LilyPond's default font, closer to SMuFL-compliance. You can take a look at a summary of my work here:

(I fixed a few regressions in my code, but it looks like there's still one or two lurking around. I'm just going to call it here, though--there's not much I can do about them now.)

It's been wonderful working with everyone in the development community, and I'd like to stick around if I can. I plan on continuing to improve SMuFL in LilyPond, but in case I don't follow through, I've included in the summary a list of what to do next.

Happy LilyPonding,
Owen Lamb
Arizona State University

Re: Google Summer of Code final submission!

Ralph Palmer
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 2:34 AM Owen Lamb <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!

I've just completed Google Summer of Code for this year. My work has been on adding rudimentary support for SMuFL (a new music font standard) and bringing Emmentaler, LilyPond's default font, closer to SMuFL-compliance. You can take a look at a summary of my work here:

(I fixed a few regressions in my code, but it looks like there's still one or two lurking around. I'm just going to call it here, though--there's not much I can do about them now.)

It's been wonderful working with everyone in the development community, and I'd like to stick around if I can. I plan on continuing to improve SMuFL in LilyPond, but in case I don't follow through, I've included in the summary a list of what to do next.

Happy LilyPonding,
Owen Lamb
Arizona State University

Many thanks, Oren!  Your efforts are much appreciated by a lot of LilyPond users!  Best of luck with your studies at Arizona State University,
Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer
Brattleboro, VT
USA
(he, him, his)

Re: Google Summer of Code final submission!

David Nalesnik
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 3:33 AM Owen Lamb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I've just completed Google Summer of Code for this year. My work has been on adding rudimentary support for SMuFL (a new music font standard) and bringing Emmentaler, LilyPond's default font, closer to SMuFL-compliance. You can take a look at a summary of my work here:
>
> http://lilypondblog.org/2020/08/google-summer-of-code-2020-smufl/
>
> (I fixed a few regressions in my code, but it looks like there's still one or two lurking around. I'm just going to call it here, though--there's not much I can do about them now.)
>
> It's been wonderful working with everyone in the development community, and I'd like to stick around if I can. I plan on continuing to improve SMuFL in LilyPond, but in case I don't follow through, I've included in the summary a list of what to do next.
>
> Happy LilyPonding,
> Owen Lamb
> Arizona State University

Thank you so much for your efforts and dedication!  This is important work.

Best,
David

Re: Google Summer of Code final submission!

Schneidy
Brilliant Owen, thank you.
Cheers,
Pierre