Google Season of Docs

Werner LEMBERG

Would this be of interest for LilyPond?

  https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas

Improving the documentation would certainly be quite valuable.  Given
that we use the texinfo format, we could respond to the TeX Users
Group's call for projects (thus CCing Mojca).

Deadline is April 23rd.

    Werner

Re: Google Season of Docs

Kieren MacMillan
Hi Werner,

> Would this be of interest for LilyPond?
> https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas

It would be *very* valuable for OpenLilyLib…  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Re: Google Season of Docs

Jean-Charles Malahieude-2
Le 05/04/2019 à 20:46, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

> Would this be of interest for LilyPond?

This might help us going forward and profit from the evolution of
texinfo, as well as recover the use of lilypond-doc.po that vanished
with GDP.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles

Re: Google Season of Docs

Urs Liska-3

Am 06.04.19 um 01:49 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> Hi Werner,
>
>> Would this be of interest for LilyPond?
>> https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas
> It would be *very* valuable for OpenLilyLib…  =)

Indeed, but I don't think this program is suitable for that ...
If I've understood the program correctly it is targeted at "technical
writers"  who should be able to write about an arbitrary subject. The
first thing is that "we" would need writers with very specific prior
knowledge (LilyPond and Scheme), and the major issue is that openLilyLib
would rather need a fundamental *infrastructure* for *generating*
documentation. Which is a programming challenge, not one about writing,
and consequentially we have it listed on the GSoC project ideas page.

I think the general LilyPond documentation would be much more suitable.
Here we have an abundance of existing texts, and it would be very useful
to review much of that from the perspective of technical writing, i.e.
improving the understandability by thinking more about the target reader
than the underlying technical foundation.

Urs