GitLab review email

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GitLab review email

Dan Eble
Rietveld used to send email to lilypond-devel for all comments by default, though one could disable that when commenting.  Are we satisfied with GitLab's not doing that?

Dan


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GitLab review email

Federico Bruni-2

Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 07:40, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:
> Rietveld used to send email to lilypond-devel for all comments by
> default, though one could disable that when commenting.  Are we
> satisfied with GitLab's not doing that?
>

As non developer, I'm satisfied :-)

I'm interested in following discussions on lilypond-devel, but I use to
delete 99% of the rietveld emails without even read them.
Not even easy, because emails from Rietveld are not grouped by thread.

One of the nice feature of GitLab is that each developer can decide the
amount of emails reaching his inbox without "imposing" a single
decision for everyone.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GitLab review email

James Lowe-9
Hello

On 12/05/2020 13:09, Federico Bruni wrote:
>
> Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 07:40, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>> Rietveld used to send email to lilypond-devel for all comments by
>> default, though one could disable that when commenting.  Are we
>> satisfied with GitLab's not doing that?
I think so because it is configurable per developer.

>>
>
> As non developer, I'm satisfied :-)
>
> I'm interested in following discussions on lilypond-devel, but I use
> to delete 99% of the rietveld emails without even read them.
> Not even easy, because emails from Rietveld are not grouped by thread.
>
> One of the nice feature of GitLab is that each developer can decide
> the amount of emails reaching his inbox without "imposing" a single
> decision for everyone.
>
I also ignored 99% of rietveld emails too mainly because I'd only care
about the issues on countdown and then I'd just scan the conversation
look for anything that sounded contentious or needing a decision.

We always have lilypond-auto list

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-auto/

perhaps that could be useful for something?


James


>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GitLab review email

Thomas Morley-2
Am Di., 12. Mai 2020 um 14:23 Uhr schrieb James <[hidden email]>:

>
> Hello
>
> On 12/05/2020 13:09, Federico Bruni wrote:
> >
> > Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 07:40, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> ha
> > scritto:
> >> Rietveld used to send email to lilypond-devel for all comments by
> >> default, though one could disable that when commenting.  Are we
> >> satisfied with GitLab's not doing that?
> I think so because it is configurable per developer.
> >>
> >
> > As non developer, I'm satisfied :-)
> >
> > I'm interested in following discussions on lilypond-devel, but I use
> > to delete 99% of the rietveld emails without even read them.
> > Not even easy, because emails from Rietveld are not grouped by thread.
> >
> > One of the nice feature of GitLab is that each developer can decide
> > the amount of emails reaching his inbox without "imposing" a single
> > decision for everyone.
> >
> I also ignored 99% of rietveld emails too mainly because I'd only care
> about the issues on countdown and then I'd just scan the conversation
> look for anything that sounded contentious or needing a decision.
>
> We always have lilypond-auto list
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-auto/
>
> perhaps that could be useful for something?
>
>
> James

I'm one of the subscribers to this list and found it always useful,
although a lot of mails are output.
Not sure, if it could made to work with GitLab


Cheers,
  Harm

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GitLab review email

Federico Bruni-2


Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 15:52, Thomas Morley
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Am Di., 12. Mai 2020 um 14:23 Uhr schrieb James <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>  Hello
>>
>>  On 12/05/2020 13:09, Federico Bruni wrote:
>>  >
>>  > Il giorno mar 12 mag 2020 alle 07:40, Dan Eble <[hidden email]>
>> ha
>>  > scritto:
>>  >> Rietveld used to send email to lilypond-devel for all comments by
>>  >> default, though one could disable that when commenting.  Are we
>>  >> satisfied with GitLab's not doing that?
>>  I think so because it is configurable per developer.
>>  >>
>>  >
>>  > As non developer, I'm satisfied :-)
>>  >
>>  > I'm interested in following discussions on lilypond-devel, but I
>> use
>>  > to delete 99% of the rietveld emails without even read them.
>>  > Not even easy, because emails from Rietveld are not grouped by
>> thread.
>>  >
>>  > One of the nice feature of GitLab is that each developer can
>> decide
>>  > the amount of emails reaching his inbox without "imposing" a
>> single
>>  > decision for everyone.
>>  >
>>  I also ignored 99% of rietveld emails too mainly because I'd only
>> care
>>  about the issues on countdown and then I'd just scan the
>> conversation
>>  look for anything that sounded contentious or needing a decision.
>>
>>  We always have lilypond-auto list
>>
>>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-auto/
>>
>>  perhaps that could be useful for something?
>>
>>
>>  James
>
> I'm one of the subscribers to this list and found it always useful,
> although a lot of mails are output.
> Not sure, if it could made to work with GitLab
>

When you have time, try.
I'm sure you can get the same (or very similar) experience using GitLab
notifications.

I agree with James that lilypond-auto may be set up to provide the "old
lilypond-devel experience".
Don't know about the technical details though.