Get NoteName as String

SK

Get NoteName as String

SK
Hello,

I try to find a way to get a notename as string, so that it can be processed further. To be concrete, I want to build a scale task generator that randomly selects a pitch and scale, then prints the scale as notes as well as the tonic/root/finalis and the mode as lyrics (or other text). The result should look like the file I attached, but it is important to insert the pitch in the lyrics automatically.

I tried to get the text from a NoteNames context, but didn't come close to what I need. Maybe someone out there has a better idea...

All the best!

scale.ly (238 bytes) Download Attachment