GUB build error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GUB build error

Michael Käppler-2
Hi all,
I'm trying to build a lilypond installer with GUB, up to now with no
success.
It does fail when trying to build python.

My setup:
LilyDev 1 (the current release), running in VirtualBox with Win10 as
host system.
What I did was:
/home/dev/setup.sh
cd /home/dev/gub
bin/gub lilypond-installer

Log is attached.

Cheers,
Michael



lilypond.log.20200109-005913 (90K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Michael Käppler-2
Sorry, I did not look carefully enough. It does fail when trying
to build flower/offset.cc
The error is:
/home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-master/flower/offset.cc:132:23:
error: call of overloaded 'isinf(Real&)' is ambiguous
    if (isinf (d[X_AXIS]))

Now trying make bootstrap on a fresh GUB repo.

Michael

Am 09.01.2020 um 09:18 schrieb Michael Käppler:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to build a lilypond installer with GUB, up to now with no
> success.
> It does fail when trying to build python.
>
> My setup:
> LilyDev 1 (the current release), running in VirtualBox with Win10 as
> host system.
> What I did was:
> /home/dev/setup.sh
> cd /home/dev/gub
> bin/gub lilypond-installer
>
> Log is attached.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Dan Eble
On Jan 9, 2020, at 07:32, Michael Käppler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-master/flower/offset.cc:132:23:
> error: call of overloaded 'isinf(Real&)' is ambiguous
>    if (isinf (d[X_AXIS]))

Maybe it's time to take another shot at issue 4550, "Avoid 'using' directives in included files."  I can't say I relish the thought, but I will try to motivate myself.
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4550/

IF you are looking for a way to contribute, you could try qualifying the calls to isinf() in offset.cc either as ::isinf() or std::isinf(), and report which of the two avoid the error.  I expect that either one will work, but it would help to see it happen.

Regards,

Dan


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Dan Eble
On Jan 9, 2020, at 10:09, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Jan 9, 2020, at 07:32, Michael Käppler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-master/flower/offset.cc:132:23:
>> error: call of overloaded 'isinf(Real&)' is ambiguous
>>   if (isinf (d[X_AXIS]))
>
> Maybe it's time to take another shot at issue 4550, "Avoid 'using' directives in included files."  I can't say I relish the thought, but I will try to motivate myself.
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4550/

If you're up to testing it, I'd like to know if this patch solves your problem.
https://codereview.appspot.com/569220043/

Thanks,

Dan


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Michael Käppler-2
Hi Dan,
will test it, thank you very much!

Am 09.01.2020 um 22:49 schrieb Dan Eble:

> On Jan 9, 2020, at 10:09, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Jan 9, 2020, at 07:32, Michael Käppler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-master/flower/offset.cc:132:23:
>>> error: call of overloaded 'isinf(Real&)' is ambiguous
>>>    if (isinf (d[X_AXIS]))
>> Maybe it's time to take another shot at issue 4550, "Avoid 'using' directives in included files."  I can't say I relish the thought, but I will try to motivate myself.
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4550/
> If you're up to testing it, I'd like to know if this patch solves your problem.
> https://codereview.appspot.com/569220043/
>
> Thanks,
> —
> Dan
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Michael Käppler-2
In reply to this post by Dan Eble
Hi Dan,
GUB still fails to build lilypond in offset.cc. See attached log.
Anyone out here using LilyDev1, who can build current master through GUB?
Now testing, if I can build release/unstable.

What I would like to understand is why this issue does arise only within
GUB and
not for a normal build.
Could you give me a hint?

Cheers,
Michael

Am 09.01.2020 um 22:49 schrieb Dan Eble:

> On Jan 9, 2020, at 10:09, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Jan 9, 2020, at 07:32, Michael Käppler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-git.sv.gnu.org--lilypond.git-master/flower/offset.cc:132:23:
>>> error: call of overloaded 'isinf(Real&)' is ambiguous
>>>    if (isinf (d[X_AXIS]))
>> Maybe it's time to take another shot at issue 4550, "Avoid 'using' directives in included files."  I can't say I relish the thought, but I will try to motivate myself.
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4550/
> If you're up to testing it, I'd like to know if this patch solves your problem.
> https://codereview.appspot.com/569220043/
>
> Thanks,
> —
> Dan
>


gub_failed_build_10_01_2020.log (91K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Dan Eble
On Jan 10, 2020, at 15:52, Michael Käppler <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi Dan,
> GUB still fails to build lilypond in offset.cc. See attached log.
> Anyone out here using LilyDev1, who can build current master through GUB?
> Now testing, if I can build release/unstable.
>
> What I would like to understand is why this issue does arise only within
> GUB and
> not for a normal build.
> Could you give me a hint?

/home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-localhost--lilypond.git-issue5658/flower/offset.cc:41:25: note: candidates are:
In file included from /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/root/usr/cross/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux/4.9.4/include-fixed/features.h:317:0,
                 from /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/root/usr/include/assert.h:36,
                 from /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/root/usr/cross/x86_64-linux/include/c++/4.9.4/cassert:43,
                 from /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-localhost--lilypond.git-issue5658/flower/include/axis.hh:23,
                 from /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-localhost--lilypond.git-issue5658/flower/include/offset.hh:23,
                 from /home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/src/lilypond-localhost--lilypond.git-issue5658/flower/offset.cc:20:
/home/dev/gub/target/linux-64/root/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:202:1: note: int isinf(double)

It seems that this implementation of the standard library declares ::isinf when <cassert> is included.  The three solutions I can think of are (a) finish issue 4550, (b) require a version of the library that does not do this, or (c) investigate whether it is possible to avoid including <cassert> or any other header that triggers the same problem.

I've been working on issue 4550.

Dan


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Dan Eble
On Jan 10, 2020, at 16:21, Dan Eble <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It seems that this implementation of the standard library declares ::isinf when <cassert> is included.  The three solutions I can think of are (a) finish issue 4550, (b) require a version of the library that does not do this, or (c) investigate whether it is possible to avoid including <cassert> or any other header that triggers the same problem.
>
> I've been working on issue 4550.

During a much-needed dinner, the most obvious solution occurred to me, which is to qualify the calls to std::isinf, std::isnan, etc. everywhere.  This is a subset of issue 4550, but I'll try to add it to the patch for issue 5658 in time for you to test tomorrow.

Dan

https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5658/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GUB build error

Michael Käppler-2
Success for linux-64 target in GUB! Thank you very much, Dan. I did not
test the other targets yet, however.
It produces a usable lilypond installer which compiled a test example fine.


Am 11.01.2020 um 00:14 schrieb Dan Eble:

> On Jan 10, 2020, at 16:21, Dan Eble <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> It seems that this implementation of the standard library declares
>> ::isinf when <cassert> is included.  The three solutions I can think
>> of are (a) finish issue 4550, (b) require a version of the library
>> that does not do this, or (c) investigate whether it is possible to
>> avoid including <cassert> or any other header that triggers the same
>> problem.
>>
>> I've been working on issue 4550.
>
> During a much-needed dinner, the most obvious solution occurred to me,
> which is to qualify the calls to std::isinf, std::isnan, etc.
> everywhere.  This is a subset of issue 4550, but I'll try to add it to
> the patch for issue 5658 in time for you to test tomorrow.
> —
> Dan
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5658/
>