GOP; administration.texi

Han-Wen Nienhuys-3
Hi folks,

there is a doc Documentation/en/contributor/administration.itexi,
which is full of discussion of issues that were pressing in ~2012 or
so. In particular, the GOP. Some of it seems quite outdated. Which
parts of this doc should we keep around?

Re: GOP; administration.texi

Jean ABOU SAMRA
Le 06/09/2020 à 17:52, Han-Wen Nienhuys a écrit :

> Hi folks,
>
> there is a doc Documentation/en/contributor/administration.itexi,
> which is full of discussion of issues that were pressing in ~2012 or
> so. In particular, the GOP. Some of it seems quite outdated. Which
> parts of this doc should we keep around?

From
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/meta_002dpolicy-for-this-document:

"""

Totally disorganized; do whatever the mao you want:

- Website work
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/website-work>

- LSR work
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/lsr-work>

- Release work
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/release-work>

- Administrative policies
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/administrative-policies>

"""

Some of it is worth keeping, like the grand-replace procedure. Some
of it could be moved to other sections, like Python formatting. Some
seems pointless, like the not-accepted proposal about build system output
which merely link to mail archives.

At any rate, I trust your best judgement.

Best,
Jean