Fwd: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

DrTechDaddy

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Austin <[hidden email]>
Subject: purple highlight in Frescobaldi
Date: October 26, 2018 at 5:56:16 PM EDT

A line of music entered in Frescobaldi was highlighted in purple:
what does this signify?
There was no error message in the log,
and the rendering appears to be as intended.

\language "english"
previous line:
 r4 d ef d | d2 g, | r4 c d c | c2 f, | \break

Highlighted line:
r4 f g bf | ef ef2 d4 | \noBreak ef8 d ef d ef4 d | \noBreak <bf f>1~ | < bf f> |

Frescobaldi 2.20.0
Lilypond 2.19.80
Mac OS 10.13.4

Joe Austin

Re: Fwd: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

SoundsFromSound

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joseph Austin <[hidden email]>
Date: October 26, 2018 at 5:56:16 PM EDT

A line of music entered in Frescobaldi was highlighted in purple:
what does this signify?
There was no error message in the log,
and the rendering appears to be as intended.

\language "english"
previous line:
 r4 d ef d | d2 g, | r4 c d c | c2 f, | \break

Highlighted line:
r4 f g bf | ef ef2 d4 | \noBreak ef8 d ef d ef4 d | \noBreak <bf f>1~ | < bf f> |

Frescobaldi 2.20.0
Lilypond 2.19.80
Mac OS 10.13.4

Joe Austin

Hello,

I copied that code into Frescobaldi and see no highlighting. Are you sure the line itself is not just the currently selected line?

\language "english"

{
     r4 d ef d | d2 g, | r4 c d c | c2 f, | \break

r4 f g bf | ef ef2 d4 | \noBreak ef8 d ef d ef4 d | \noBreak <bf f>1~ | < bf f> |

composer | sound designer | asmr artist

Re: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

Andrew Bernard
Hello Joseph,

Something that tricked me for a long time also. Many people don't realize F. has a 'mark current line' function, accessible from the View menu, or Ctrl-B by default. It's a useful feature for bookmarking lines of interest. You can have more than one mark. When you move off the line, it's highlighted in purple, just as you say. There is a 'clear all marks' function int he View menu as well.

Once you know about this, it's really useful, I find.

Andrew

Re: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

Urs Liska-3

Am 27. Oktober 2018 08:59:30 MESZ schrieb Andrew Bernard <[hidden email]>:

>Hello Joseph,
>
>Something that tricked me for a long time also. Many people don't
>realize
>F. has a 'mark current line' function, accessible from the View menu,
>or
>Ctrl-B by default. It's a useful feature for bookmarking lines of
>interest.
>You can have more than one mark. When you move off the line, it's
>highlighted in purple, just as you say. There is a 'clear all marks'
>function int he View menu as well.
>
>Once you know about this, it's really useful, I find.

It's easy to hit ctrl-b instead of ctrl-m, for example...

>Andrew

Re: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

DrTechDaddy
Thanks, Andrew; issue solved.

From: Andrew Bernard <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

Hello Joseph,

Something that tricked me for a long time also. Many people don't realize
F. has a 'mark current line' function,
<snip>
Andrew

Re: purple highlight in Frescobaldi

Edward Ardzinski
Thanks-in my case it was Ctrl-B instead of Ctrl-V.

Sent from my iPhone