Fwd: Justify to both sides

CieMaKat .
Hello everyone!

I would like to place custom header for piece, i.e.: hymn number and authors of music and lyrics aligned to both sides of the page:
Obraz w treści 2

I tried to do it with fill-line, but then part of the "Lyrics author" goes off the page. Please check a result of the following code:

  \new Voice { c' }
  \addlyrics { Al }

  \header {
    piece = \markup {
      \line { \lower #2.4 \fontsize #8 \bold "105 " }
      \column {
        \bold "Hymn Title"
        \fill-line {
          \line { Melody author }
          \line { Lyrics author }

How can I fix that?

Best regards,
M.Ciesiółka

Re: Fwd: Justify to both sides

Colin Campbell-8
On 2017-03-18 10:28 AM, CieMaKat . wrote:
Hello everyone!

I would like to place custom header for piece, i.e.: hymn number and authors of music and lyrics aligned to both sides of the page:
Obraz w treści 2

I tried to do it with fill-line, but then part of the "Lyrics author" goes off the page. Please check a result of the following code:

  \new Voice { c' }
  \addlyrics { Al }

  \header {
    piece = \markup {
      \line { \lower #2.4 \fontsize #8 \bold "105 " }
      \column {
        \bold "Hymn Title"
        \fill-line {
          \line { Melody author }
          \line { Lyrics author }

How can I fix that?

I believe the Notation Reference, at section 3.2.2 Custom titles, headers and footers, will give you wqhat you need. The starting point will likely involve creating a scoreTitleMaqrkup.

Hope that helps!

Colin

--
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
 - A. A. Milne, From the Daryl R. Gibson collection

Re: Fwd: Justify to both sides

Timothy Lanfear
On 18/03/17 21:21, Colin Campbell wrote:

> On 2017-03-18 10:28 AM, CieMaKat . wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> I would like to place custom header for piece, i.e.: hymn number and
>> authors of music and lyrics aligned to both sides of the page:
>> Obraz w treści 2
>>
>> I tried to do it with fill-line, but then part of the /"Lyrics
>> author" /goes off the page. Please check a result of the following code:
>>
>>     \version "2.18.0"
>>
>>     \score {
>>       \new Voice { c' }
>>       \addlyrics { Al }
>>
>>       \header {
>>         piece = \markup {
>>           \line { \lower #2.4 \fontsize #8 \bold "105 " }
>>           \column {
>>             \bold "Hymn Title"
>>             \fill-line {
>>               \line { Melody author }
>>               \line { Lyrics author }
>>             }
>>           }
>>         }
>>       }
>>     }
>>

>> How can I fix that?
>>

> I believe the Notation Reference, at section 3.2.2 Custom titles,
> headers and footers, will give you wqhat you need. The starting point
> will likely involve creating a scoreTitleMaqrkup.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Colin

Here is a possible solution with a working markup placed in a
scoreTitleMarkup as Colin proposed.

\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
   scoreTitleMarkup =
   \markup \fill-line {
     \concat {
       \lower #2.4 \fontsize #8 \bold \fromproperty #'header:number
       \hspace #2
       \column { \bold \fromproperty #'header:piece \fromproperty
#'header:composer }
     }
     \column { \null \fromproperty #'header:poet }

   \new Voice { c' }
   \addlyrics { Al }

   \header {
     number   = "105"